SuperCrew

TitanGuy want to know how your new F150s are doing

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TitanGuy wants to know how your new F150s are doing

Hi all,
My family has been a Ford family for a long time. I've always liked Ford trucks. This year, when it came time to get a new truck, it came down to Ford and the new Titan.

Now I know you guys aren't partial to the looks and all, so let's just forget about that. I ended up getting the Titan for 2 reasons: Power and Legroom. My father's King Ranch F150 is a great truck, it's just short on legroom. The new F150s were better, but the Titan had lots of room in the back seat of the crew cab. The engine was the other part. The Titan really goes.

The thing that almost drove me to Ford again was the interior. I really like the Ford interior, and I think it's of better quality than the Titan. Nissan dropped the ball on interior quality.

So how are the new F150s after a year of ownership? I'm still getting hell from the old man and brother(both Ford owners) for going foreign. I like my Titan a lot, but I'm just curious to see how you guys feel about your new Fords.

Titanguy

Last edited by TitanGuy; 12-14-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:35 AM
I think Nissan did a good job with the Titan. I agree with the low quality plastic interior but I looked at a 2004 F-150 Crew and thought the XLT was cheap looking as well. If I were to upgrade from my current truck I would have to go for Lariat trim.

Old 12-14-2004, 02:39 PM
I agree that Nissan did a great job for their first full size. It's not nearly perfect, with a lot of room for improvement but I expect to see these things addressed on their first redesign of the truck.

I won't get into what I personally think are the weak points as it would likely lead to bashing the Titan, which is not the purpose of this thread.

Old 12-15-2004, 07:43 PM
You should pose this question in the 2004-2005 section for a good response.

My 04 is kickin still. I've only got 9K, but it's been as good as it gets. My friend just ordered his New Titan, so I'll be able to see if it's any good, but even if it's half as good as the F150, it'll be great.

Blessings!

Old 12-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Ok the Titan truck is a good deal better than any former Nissan. Looks good and runs good. The new f150 is just a little more of a truck underneath. If you like it thats the main thing. I dont bash other brands but ....................Ford has sold more f150s than any other truck for the last 20 some years. That to me says alot about our trucks.

mlaugh
Ford Master Certified Sales Rep

Ps Happy Holidays and Happy New year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by mlaughscrew; 12-16-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Only one of you guy's has answered the question "How do you like the F-150".

I've only had mine for about a week and love it! My best freind has the Titan CrewCab and loves his truck. The only negative I can find with the truck at the moment is the lack of gas mileage....about 14 mpg with the first two tanks. My buddie's Titan is getting about 15-16....but he's got 2wd and i've got 4wd. Beside's, if I was concerned about gas mileage, I would have bought a Ford Escape Hybrid.

The ride quality in the F-150 is awesome! I think moving the shocks outside the frame rails was a great engineering decision. The interior quality is better than my dad's new Cadillac Deville (He's a Chebby Guy). I love the Automatic AC with the controls on the steering wheel. The quietness inside the cab is second to none as far as pickups go. The throttle response seems to have gotten better....or i'm just mentally trying to make it better...but it still isn't going to win a race with a Titan..... Again, if I wanted to beat a Titan, i'd have bought the new mustang GT and the "Bullit" Soundtrack to go with it

So far, my impression is the best purchasing decision i've ever made.

Sackett

Old 01-07-2005, 01:09 AM
I LOVE my truck! It isn't a new (04-05) one, but it was my first brand new vehicle, purchased back in 11/02. I agree with Sackett about the ride quality. Smooth as glass on the highway and quieter than our Camry. Although I've only logged 18K on it, I would definitely buy another one. I will say that the Titan's H.P. does make me wish mine had 300 instead of 230. Yea yea, I know I can make 300. All I have to do is drop 2 or 3 grand. In time boys, in time. The thing just got broken in.
SL

Trending Topics

Old 01-07-2005, 01:20 AM
If Nissan made a reg cab titan with a 8ft box, I would have bought one. The titan ( Canada ) was more expensive than a ford, gm super cab and I know no longer can justify a 6 and half foot box that was 0n my 02 f-150 sc 4x4.

My 04 f-150 reg can 4wd xlt with the 5.4 and 8 ft box is a great truck, I still whish I had the extra power of the 5.6 in the Titan, but overall the Titan just dosent make a good work truck, to small, to expensive.

Old 01-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’ve had my Lariat Screw since 10-24-03 and have approximately 15,000 miles on it. It had a couple minor problems that were worked out in the first 3,000 miles. Bad #4 coil wire & tires needed road force balancing, that’s it. I get decent gas mileage, about 16 local driving. No vibration problem, AC cranks, ultra quiet and smooth; the best truck I have ever owned. I had a Chevy before this, which was trouble free also, but wasn’t nearly as luxurious as the F150 and the F150 is built just about the strongest of all the pickup trucks available, foreign or domestic. Check out this Ford web sight about build quality because it’s a huge selling point. THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUCKS

Old 02-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Talking Reply to Titan owner

I bought my F150 President's Weekend 2004. It currently has 21,000 miles. My nephew-in-law bought the Titan, he previously had an Xterra. The ride is superior to the Titan, having driven F150's to F350's, 2WD's 4WD's, dumps, dualies from 1982's to 2003's the new F150 ride and handling is a huge improvement!

I am extremely happy with my purchase, parted with my Jeep of 8 years in return. I knew I would miss the open air so when the one I chose didn't have a sunroof, the dealership sent it out to have one put in. They removed the ceiling track sytem, and the sunroof isn't as large as factory - this would have to be the only shortfall.

Installed a Retrax bedcover over factory bedliner - did not change gas mileage by the way! Though some other trucks at the dealer were nice the Wedgewood Blue over Arizona Beige looks great.
Went top shelf with The Lariet Supercrew 5.4L 4WD, drives as well as my father's Lincoln Town Car, space is great, I'm 6'-3", and yes, I have sat in the back.

Good Luck anyway, if second thoughts - trade it in!

Old 02-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Thumbs up

The truck is great. The rotors were turned by prev. owner. No Vib probem. Bed bounces over small road joints only at 45 mph. I was suprised at the lack of gas mileage. My 03 Expy got better (15/19.5). The lariat 5,4, 3.55 only gets 13/18.8. I'm not impressed with the 300 hp, 3 valve. I dont plan on reaching 5K rpms to get the max HP towing. What good is having 500 hp if you never operate at that rpm. I think the Titan is higher than 5K rpm to get max HP. I really liked the way my old 03 Expy 5.4 performed. However the new 04, 5.4 is much smoother. The truck handles the 27' camper (7300 lbs) great. I believe I could take a nap while towing the trailer.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:48 PM
why are people dusting off old Titan threads?

Is there a need to continue badmouthing a competitors truck? All of the arguemtns have been made.

Can we just let these die already?

Old 02-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by J-150
No doubt.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by J-150
why are people dusting off old Titan threads?

Is there a need to continue badmouthing a competitors truck? All of the arguemtns have been made.

Agreed. Esp since it appears that Titan Guy was nothing more than a troll....

Old 02-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Hi.
I'm most DEFINITELY not a troll. I come from a FORD family, and really like the product. I haven't said ANYTHING negative about Ford trucks on this forum, nor will I. My dad owns a Ford, my brother owns a Ford and a Chevy pickup, my father-in-law works for Ford, and my brother in law has a Ford.

Is that good enough? I do own a Titan, which I like, but my close second choice was a Ford - I won't go into why, because it doesn't matter to anyone but me. I like the way the new Fords drive, and I was just curious about the ownership experience of a new F150. I figured I'd ask Ford owners.

Anyone from this site is welcome on TitanTalk.com. I would hope the same would be true here, in reverse. Sure, there are a couple of idiots on TitanTalk (we just banned one today) who are always trying to start stupid "Ford vs Titan" or "Chevy vs Titan" threads. The comparison is stupid and irrelevant.

So back to my original question - how do you guys like your F150s?

TitanGuy

Quick Reply: TitanGuy want to know how your new F150s are doing