SuperCrew

Differences btwn 2004 & 2005 models

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Differences btwn 2004 & 2005 models

OK

I almost can't resist buying a New SCREW Lariat. They are selling the 2004 now for 27500 at my local dealer - about 9k off the sticker - and less than I paid for my current 2001 SCREW in 2000.

One question - what differences are there between a 2004 and a 2005 SCREW besides the price??

I like the 2005 King Ranch - but I'm sorry those nifty seats and different wheels don't seem worth 9K. What am I missing?

Old 11-25-2004, 10:00 AM
I'll let RP tell you why the KR's are worth 9k

As far as model differences, I think they are slight in the Lariat.

I think many of the noticable changes are de-contenting on lower trim levels. ie soundproofing was standard on 04 XLT, but optional on 05 XLT.

Factory DVD player is also available on the 05. 04's need to be retrofitted at a cost.

The basic model and engine is mostly unchanged.

I don't think you are SCrewing (sorry, bad pun) yourself if you opt for the 04.

Old 11-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Other than some new colors, most everything else is the same. I know on the Lariat some of the standard equipment is now an option on the 05's.

Old 11-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Differences btwn 2004 & 2005 models

Originally posted by rexwl
I like the 2005 King Ranch - but I'm sorry those nifty seats and different wheels don't seem worth 9K. What am I missing?
Hmm... this is a difficult one for sure.

The KR does have unique wheels, different badging, power folding mirrors, and FULL leather seating (whereas the Lariat has leather seating surfaces with vinyl around the rest of the seat)...

Short of that, I'm not sure I can give you a fool proof comparison that would justify 9K.... but, then again, I'm not sure what pricing you're comparing it to...

Base on an Lariat is: $30,740
Base on a King Ranch is: $36,635

Go to FORD'S website and choose the two trucks you'd like to compare. They'll set them side by side and let you look at the differences...

If you don't think the KR is worth it, you've managed to eliminate one truck from your list. It's that simple. Those of us who bought the KR feel that it was worth it...

Sure, Ford makes more on a KR (hence, they've come out with so many 'botique models') but, they have found a market niche.

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 11-26-2004 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Re: Differences btwn 2004 & 2005 models

I like the 2005 King Ranch - but I'm sorry those nifty seats and different wheels don't seem worth 9K. What am I missing? [/B]
I don't know where the 9k number is coming from either. If you choose a Lariat with the following options:

Deluxe heated seat package
Two Tone Paint
Leather Captain Chairs
Running Boards
(all of these come on the King Ranch)
The difference in price is $1295.

Now you have to decide if the $1295 is worth the difference.

Better Leather
Better Captain Chairs (similiar to the FX4 captain chair with more supportive side bolsters)
Power folding mirrors
Nicer wheels
Potential for retaining higher resale value.

My only gripe on the KR is the running board look, so I may end up spending another $300 down the road to change those out. All in all, I think it is a fair price for the upgrades. I just ordered mine and went through the same dilema you are facing. I did feel that ordering one was better than taking one off the lot simply because I feel (right or wrong) that the later the truck comes off the line, the better chance of getting minor improvements Ford has made.

Good Luck! :santa:

Quick Reply: Differences btwn 2004 & 2005 models