SuperCrew

2004 Screw Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Screw Seats

I purchased a 2004 Screw FX4 with the cloth captains chairs. Shortly after I got home with it, I noticed that their was some friction on my right thigh when I got out of the truck. After several days of this, I noticed that there was a small hole in the left front corner of the driver's seat. Upon closer examination, I found that there was a sharp peic of metal that protruded up in the corner of the seat when you press down on the seat. Well, I finially had to do laundry and noticed that 5 pair of jeans had been damaged also.

The next day, I took my new Screw, 1,500 miles to the dealer to get this fixed. The service writer was a bit perplexed by the problem, and the technician did not seem to think they could fix it. I left my Screw with them and was shuttled to the rental agency where they get loaner cars. They gave me a 2004 Dodge 4X4 Crew Cab to drive.

I drove the loaner for 17 days, and $50 worth of gas. I picked up my Screw with both fron seats recovered and the padding in the driver's seat replaced. Other than the 17 days to complete the repairs, I am very pleased with the service.

I know for sure now that I do not want a Dodge. It rides like a log wagon and drinks gas.

Old 11-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mom has a 2004 dodge crew cab 4x2 and it rides pretty smooth. I guess there is that much difference in ride between 2wds and 4wds on dodges. Her hemi gets about 16-17 and my 4wd 4.6 gets 19. It might drink a little more gas than my truck, but it sure will haul a$$. In regards to your seat, that's kind of wierd that there would be a piece of metal stiicking through it, did they ever tell you exactly what it was?

Quick Reply: 2004 Screw Seats