SuperCrew

Does anyone make an aftermarket side mirror for Supercrews?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone make an aftermarket side mirror for Supercrews?

Just curious if any manufacturer makes a exterior side mirror that will fit the SuperCrew?

thanks

Old 09-29-2004, 12:02 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a replacement one or an extention/towing mirrow?

**** has both a replacement and towing ones.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:09 PM
not so much a replacement, but rather an aftermarket one with a different style...but thanks for the info.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Street Scene makes them. I think I am going to purchase the mirrors foy my 04 Supercrew. There is a signal indicator on the outside,and in the mirror glass.They are also heated like my stock mirrors. But rather pricey. Around $360.00 for the set. Plus you will need to paint them to match.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These folks, Scheffenacker make a trailer tow mirror for the F-150. They also are the manufacturer of the OEM trailer tow mirrors for the F250-750.

Old 09-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by MikeF150
Neil - they don't make a model for the Supercrew..... got to "Product Overview" page and there is an application list.... Supercrews are excluded....
SuperCrews have an F150 mirror of which, broadly, there are only 3 styles (manual, power, power with signals)

If the mirror fits the SuperCab, it will fit the same trim level and year in a SuperCrew.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Wrong, Supercrews have different mirrors than regular cab or supercabs.

Trending Topics

Old 10-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Neil,
Maybe off topic but I saw the pictures of your wrecked crew...what the hell happened to your truck...did you guys all walk away o.k. Looks bad brother

Old 10-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by hunt5877
Neil,
Maybe off topic but I saw the pictures of your wrecked crew...what the hell happened to your truck...did you guys all walk away o.k. Looks bad brother
That was my wifes truck. She was just cruising to work about a year ago (Oct 24 2003). She was just entering a sweeping left hand curve in the road when a young kid that had been awake half the night fell asleep (he claims he was awake and swerved to miss a cat or squirrel) and crossed the center line. She did her best to get out of his way, but his car plowed right into the back tire.

The impact tossed the back end of the truck up, and into a counter-clockwise spin. It rotated about 90 degrees and then the right side tires dug in and the truck flipped, slammed down hard on the upper part of the cab, then rolled another 360 degrees.

The rescue personnel said she was unconscious, hanging upside down in the drivers seat by the seat belt, with her head bent over toward the center of the cab. They hauled her off in the helicopter to the trauma center.

She had a broken neck and a nasty bruise on her spinal cord, and the doc said she was really close to being a quadriplegic. Scared the daylights out of me when she could no longer feel her fingers and toes. They patched her up and sent her home after 5 days in the hospital. I was expecting to see her in a halo, but they were able to keep the neck stable with a big ugly plastic collar.

She was off work for 5 months recovering, and was able to go back to work in April 04. Finally in June 04 they told her she could resume all normal activities. It must have been her lucky day.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Well the pictures do the story justice, guess the seatbelt works huh? Can't imagine going through that with someone ya love glad she came through it ok, sounds like someone was looking out for her on that day lucky she wasn't in a Honda might not have ended so well.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by 01GreenCrew
Wrong, Supercrews have different mirrors than regular cab or supercabs.
What makes the supercrew mirror so different? And if so, why is there no after market towing mirrors made for supercrews?

Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by iakentdoz
What makes the supercrew mirror so different? And if so, why is there no after market towing mirrors made for supercrews?
i am with iakentdoz, like street scene sells aftermarket nice looking mirrors but they say will not fit supercrews, but the non power ones dont say anything about not fitting supercrews, what is the difference? (as for as fitting on a supercrew versus extended/standard cab)

Old 03-29-2006, 01:11 PM
SM
Originally Posted by iakentdoz

**** makes aftermarket towing mirror extensions that will fit Supercrews. Note that they are extensions that fit onto the existing mirrors. They are not complete replacement mirrors.

Last edited by SM; 03-29-2006 at 01:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone make an aftermarket side mirror for Supercrews?