SuperCrew

Rousch Trejon Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rousch Trejon Supercrew

Anybody see the new F150 Rousch Trejon Supercrew? I was cruising through the dealership tonight and I saw a dark shadow gray one. It had 20" Rousch chrome wheels with BFG All Terrain tires, dual stainless steel exhaust, hood soop, special leather seats and possibly an upgraded engine?? There could have been more to it but it was dark out when I looked at it. The dealership was closed, but a service technician was walking onto the lot and I asked him about the truck. He said it was the first one they had gotten and were about ready to put it on the lot. Anybody interested in any pictures?

Old 09-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Never seen one. . . send us the pics!!!!!!

-Craig

Old 09-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Alright! I'll take some pics in the morning before I go to work. It will be dark out but I'll try to get some good pics.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Not to be too nit picky, but it is ROUSH, not Rousch. Take it from a loyal Roush fan. Anyway, would love to see some pics too.

Old 09-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Sorry about the spelling. I got it right in the pics. Take a look at the pics in My Gallery. Awesome truck!!

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=4437

Old 09-24-2004, 06:25 PM
So what was the sticker price on that bad boy?

Cool pics btw.

Old 09-24-2004, 07:35 PM
It was sitting in their back lot so it didn't have a sticker on it yet. I think it will go through detail yet before it hits the lot. I'll keep checking.

Trending Topics

Old 09-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Very nice truck. I could see it in my garage. I'm curious as to what motor mods they have done, along with the price. I may have to investigate this a little further myself.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Good Looking truck.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Info found:

Beating the lightning to the ground

If you want a full-size pick-up that hauls something more than sheets of plywood, you'll want to know about the Roush F-150 Tejon - aka the "Big Texan." It's sort of like a 4x4 version of a Roush-modifed Mustang GT, only bigger and meaner.

Jack Roush is a race car driver who got into aftermarket "tuning" (among other things), now working closely with Ford to soup up production vehicles like the Mustang and lately, the redesigned F-Series pickup. Roush-massaged vehicles are ordered new and shipped to participating Ford dealers, so the Roush package of high-performance upgrades is almost a factory option, with the main difference being that the parts are not added on the Ford assembly line, and each vehicle can be custom-tailored with the owner's specific ensemble of improvements.

The F-150 Tejon, for instance, comes in three basic configurations: the standard Tejon, Stage 1, and Stage 2. The Tejon begins with a stock F-150 (any bed or cab style) and adds a 20-inch chrome wheel/tire package, threatening-looking hood scoop, rumbly dual exhaust (worth 10 hp over stock, according to Roush) and high-visibility "Tejon" bed graphics. Billet gas and brake pedals, a modified instrument panel gauge cluster and special "signature series" Roush performance sport buckets are among the available add-ons.

Stage 1 takes the Tejon to the next level with a lowered, performance-tuned suspension package (in addition to the 20-inch rims that comes on the Tejon) and an "in the weeds" body kit with revised front clip (painted body color), including recessed driving lights and chin spoiler. The truck is lowered two inches in the front and three inches in the rear - which with the suspension mods and the aggressive wheel/tire package produce lateral acceleration capability as high as .89 g, not far off what a Corvette can deliver and absolutely kicking for a full-size truck. Firm pricing hasn't been announced as of this writing, but Roush estimates "mid-to-high $30,000s" out the door when the package becomes available later this year.

Not enough? There's always Stage 2, designed for "extreme street appeal and optimum performance." Everything included with the Stage 1 package is part of the deal plus road-racy fender flares, dual side-mount exhaust and an available supercharger option to push the power output of the F-150's 5.4 liter V-8 beyond 400 hp. That's 15 hp more than the current SVT Lightning, which comes in at 385 hp.

More significantly, the Lightning you can buy right now is the old model - based on the '96-'03 "melted brick" F-Series body style that was retired last year. Ford says it will be at least mid-2005 before a Lightning built around the new F-Series bodywork and chassis will be available. That gives the Tejon - which is based on the much-improved '04 F-truck body/chassis - a long head start, even though Roush does not view his machines as being SVT competitors. Where SVT vehicles are subtle and designed to "run silent, run deep," anything that's undergone the Roush treatment is designed to turn heads in addition to turning tires. They are vehicles for people who like a little more flash and brash than SVT vehicles offer as well as exclusivity. SVT vehicles are produced in much greater numbers than Roush-modified Mustangs and F-150s. And because they can be fitted with so many different options, each vehicle is closer to being a unique creation as well.

Sorry guys, give me a "melted brick" Lightning for that kind of money. I prefer go over show

Last edited by 02Crewman; 09-28-2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:51 PM
So, let me get this right, you buy a new 4x4, with a stage 3 package, and they are gonna lower it, put "sport tuned" suspension on it, and fender flares??? Where i come from a 4 wheel drive was meant to be lifted with at least 35" tires, and tons of ground clearance, not slamed, with some "ricer R type" ground effects kit.... Supercharger?? Bet the warrantee trans repairs ought to be thru the roof.... But i could be wrong.... (maybe this whole roush thing will take care of the rear axle/vibration concerns that engineering is looking into)

Old 09-28-2004, 10:43 PM
I drove the truck in August at Pebble Beach. There were no engine modifications. Basically all bolt on stuff and interior changes. I think the exhasut was a Borla system with his own name stamped on the tailpipe extensions. I liked the truck.

Old 09-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Well the vehicle finally came on the lot today! It was a used truck with 4K miles on it. They are asking $31,786. The techs at the dealership drove it and said it doesn't handle too much different than a normal F150. It is a Stage One conversion. Below I have listed the link for the dealership web page. It has some more pictures also.

http://www.siouxfallsford.com/show.asp?vid=402505

Old 09-30-2004, 11:10 PM
that truck is wicked, but the lowered 4x4 thing just doesn't work with me, i'd stick with the normal one with all interior upgrades and the 20's, scoop etc....
I wonder if they'll be released into canada??

Old 10-01-2004, 01:12 PM
I don't think the truck looks lowered? Maybe it's just my eyes decieving me, but it looks about normal height. Anyway, very nice looking truck, but I'm disappointed that there is no motor upgrades. All show and no go. Got to be able to back up the look in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Rousch Trejon Supercrew