SuperCrew

Rust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rust!!!

I have discovered rust at the bottom of my rear doors on the seam. Nothing major mostly surface rust...I just wondered if any one else have had this problem

Old 09-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Rust?

I have an '02 S'crew w/70000miles and no rust, yet. The only place I've seen a problem is in the "grooves" in the top. It has not rusted, but the paint looks like it "puddled"! Good luck!

Old 09-24-2004, 08:55 AM
what year is your screw? the 2002-2003 trucks have a problem on the inside door edges. Ford knows about this already. it also appears at the bottom edge of the tailgates. i haven't had a problem yet but my buddy with his 2002 dually 4x4 has rust started on the bottom of the tailgate. his dad also has a 2003 screw like mine and he had to have the inside edges ( bottom) of his doors painted. it seems that when they built(assemblied) the doors they didn't place any sealant between the panels protect it from water getting between the outside panel and the inside door frame. (it's were they rolled the sheet metal over). over time the panels move and you guested it, rusts. my dad's 2001 scab has sealant there so he doesn't have a problem.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Re: Rust!!!

I have the same problem on all four doors... Very light, I may take a photo and share it here. Kinda pisses me off because I wash the truck all the time and wipe down everything, to the point my wife and buddies say I'm ****...

Joe

Originally posted by whitescrew01
I have discovered rust at the bottom of my rear doors on the seam. Nothing major mostly surface rust...I just wondered if any one else have had this problem

Old 09-28-2004, 12:20 AM
I would love to see a photo of what this looks like...I'm pretty **** about the vehicle appearance too, but I may detail door jambs maybe once every 3 months or so.

Tony

Old 09-28-2004, 12:11 PM
T21
Unhappy

Hey there. I have had the rust on all 4 doors and tailgate. Had them repaired under warranty, 2 summers ago. Unfortunately up here in the north with snow and salt, it takes a beating. I just waxed my truck for the winter, and I'm seeing some of the rust return. I'm going to try to see if the body shop will stand behind their claim of "Repairs are Guarenteed for the life of the vehicle".

If you still have 3yr/36K warranty left, get it fixed. Click the link to see before and after photos.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=3630

Tom

Old 09-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Ewww

Now I know I don't have that!!! Glad I live in the south...

Tony

Trending Topics

Old 09-29-2004, 10:59 AM
this is why i oil spray my vehicles every Fall. only cost me $60 per vehicle. a close neighbour of mine does it in his shop. we use so much salt here in South West, Ontario Canada it's rediculous. my vehicles have always looked good with very little rust at all. i oil sprayed my truck last November just before the snow started flying. i have no rust problem in those areas yet but i do check all the time.

Old 10-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by sgauthier
this is why i oil spray my vehicles every Fall. only cost me $60 per vehicle. a close neighbour of mine does it .

Thats what I am going to do. My co-worker has the gun to do it..

Old 10-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Rust

They wont repair mine under warranty, "outer body rust through" is what it said... I'm kinda pissed you got it done.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by T21
[B]Hey there. I have had the rust on all 4 doors and tailgate. Had them repaired under warranty, 2 summers ago. Unfortunately up here in the north with snow and salt, it takes a beating. I just waxed my truck for the winter, and I'm seeing some of the rust return. I'm going to try to see if the body shop will stand behind their claim of "Repairs are Guarenteed for the life of the vehicle".

[ ]

Old 10-04-2004, 02:18 PM
T21
Sorry jnb412,

I had it done under the 3yr/36mo bumper to bumper warrenty. But like I said, the rust has returned. I need to get back with the body shop and see if they will live up to their claims of "guarenteed for the life of the vehicle". I'm sure I'll have a battle on my hands. I just hate dealing with this type of crap.

Good luck. (to all of us, that have rust!!)

Tom

Old 10-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by T21
...I need to get back with the body shop and see if they will live up to their claims of "guarenteed for the life of the vehicle". I'm sure I'll have a battle on my hands. I just hate dealing with this type of crap.
Life time warranty on body shop coverage usually only covers "workmanship" (i.e. that new replaced panel or bumper won't fall off while you're driving down the road). Paint is rarely covered beyond 12 months.

Either way, good luck with your endeavor. If they give you any lip about it, just tell them that the metal ain't supposed to rust if it's properly coated with paint. Chances are they didn't get all of the original rust off, and it just spawned like a cancer again.

Tony

Old 10-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My driver's door had a slight amount of cancer but I've since dealt with it (at least from a visual standpoint). 2001 SCREW.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Since I started following this thread, I've been giving the "hairy eyeball" to my lower panels. I havn't seen any yet, but I am expecting the worst. Is the rust surface? or does it start inside and work its way out? it seems that the oil spray will only work if you can get inside the panel (i.e. DIFFICULT) and if its exterior the only thing that will stop it is to wax the $#!@ out of it...

Old 01-25-2005, 05:15 PM
i havent noticed any on my 2002 Scab yet. I just passed over 36000 notto long ago. I did get the extended warantee though.... its 6 year 72000 miles of the same thing as the 3 or 36000. If i start seeing rust could i get them to fix it under that extended warranty? does it have to be pretty bad before they will do anything about it?

Im going to try to hit them up for some new seatbelts too... my drivers side wont retract all to well.

Quick Reply: Rust!!!