SuperCrew

aftermarket remote start

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question aftermarket remote start

yes i just bought a crime stopper remote start, burglure alarm w/th keyless entry.Im wanting to install it but i dont know how to get around the pats system if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated

Old 09-15-2004, 02:28 PM
You will need a PATS bypass module. It is usually separate from your remote install kit.

The bypass module contains a separate PATS RFID chip, or spare key with PATS RFID chip.

The module is placed in the dash and connected to the remote start brain. A wire from the module is run to and around the ignition switch in a loop. This wire carriers the RFID signal to the ignition switch.

The bypass module sold by Ford has just the chip. Some others are like this as well. Some of the cheaper ones tell you to purchace a spare key, program the key, and then wrap the signal wire around the chip in the key. I like the 'keyless' modules better.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:32 PM
thanks for the info ill go buy the module from the dealership it sounds like it would be easier and more reliable thank you very much

Old 09-16-2004, 07:01 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll need the Directed 555p or 555u module. Check out www.the12volt.com forums for info of car security.

Quick Reply: aftermarket remote start