SuperCrew

A/C jumping from panel blowing to defrost

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C jumping from panel blowing to defrost

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem...all of a sudden, my A/C won't blow from the dash anymore. Yesterday I put it on Max A/C, it started blowing from the dash vents, then switched to the defrost vent, then back to the dash vent, etc. Now it's only from the defrost vent...anyone have any info or experience on this problem? '97 F150

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Unhappy Don't Know for Sure

big jws,

Don't know for sure about the 97 F150, but I had a Jeep before that had similar symptoms. It turns out that during a radio install, I had inadvertently loosened a vacuum line in the dash (on the back of the Temp Controls) that caused this same problem.

You might be able to tell from a Haynes manual (or similar) if the 97 F150s have the vacuum lines controlling the air flow.

Good luck!

Wattman1

Old 08-20-2004, 11:38 PM
You have a vacumn leak somewhere.

Old 08-21-2004, 02:35 AM
Hey big jws,
I had this same prob only about a month or so ago. The first few days it would cycle back and forth from the dash to the windshield/defrost vents. I have attahced the link to the thread if you would like to check it out. The problem with mine was a bad check valve in the A/C system. It is located somewhere near the accumulator. I went ahead and had my mechanic R&R it and it only set me back about $80 total (parts & labor). Hope this helps. Chuck.

-------------> Click Me !!! <-------------

Quick Reply: A/C jumping from panel blowing to defrost