SuperCrew

Need to replace fender

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to replace fender

Well last weekend I was being a nice father and allowed my 15 year old son (no drivers license, no insurance) to drive the truck. He forgot he was towing a 4x8 utility trailer while backing up and caught the left fender with the left front of the trailer. Now I have a hole in the fender along with several cracks that radiate from the tail light area.
My question is 2 part, how well do these fenders repair once they are cracked, do the repairs hold up? It seems to me that the fender does not flex very much so a repair would be OK. Second part of the question is, how difficult is it to replace the fender and what might the cost be?

Old 07-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My '01 Screw was hit on the side of the bed a year or so ago. The damage amounted to a nice sized hole (6-8" diameter) below the fuel tank door, a dent in the rear passenger door, a dug out place across the top of the fender well, and some deep scratches near the tail-light. Total repair cost was about $1400 at a good local body shop. The body shop did a very good job with the repair and it seems to be about as good as new.

Not sure about replacing the whole side of the bed?? Would probably be more expensive than having yours repaired.

Quick Reply: Need to replace fender