F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Superchargers & Turbochargers (https://www.f150online.com/forums/superchargers-turbochargers-77/)
-   -   MagnaCharger vs. Ken Bell vs. Powerdyne (https://www.f150online.com/forums/superchargers-turbochargers/74271-magnacharger-vs-ken-bell-vs-powerdyne.html)

iron horse 08-02-2002 02:03 AM

Ian N,

Thanks for the input. I am going to use a similar method in installing mine. With your input, at least, I know now that it can be done.

To anyone and everyone familar with the Magnacharger Kit,

The seller did not send the shippers list, so, I only have the instructions from the internet site to go by (he included them as well)

What does the "Hobbs Switch" look like? Do I need it?

I received all the electrical stuff for the fuel pump, but as to the rest, I only got a in line fuse with a green wire on either side, and a relay that mount to the inner fender with four prongs and that is it!!!!!!!

According to step 50., I should have a blue T-tap connector and a green wire. I do not see it in the kit. DO I need it? Alternative supplier?

According to step 52., I should have the Hobb Switch. I do not see it in the Kit. Do I need it? Alternative supplier?

wittom 08-02-2002 07:36 AM

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...-111-25941.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality.

This is the hobbs switch. There is a nut at one end (3/8 I believe) that you will connect a pressure hose to. There is the two posts that the wires connect to.
It is only a pressure switch but I don't know where you would find one for this type if install. I think it is possible to find one.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...-111-25942.jpg

Again sorry for the poor quality.

This is the t-tap connector. It is just a piece that will cut into the appropriat wire and clamps on it.
I have seen these in the auto parts store. You can deffinitley get one of these. Just make sure it is for the right guage.

You can also give Magnacharger a call. I was missing one piece and they sent it out in a couple days.

Hope this helps!

iron horse 08-02-2002 12:02 PM

Wittom,

Thanks a whole lot!!!!!!! I really appreciate the effort.

The Hobbs switch is a PRESSURE switch!?! That clears up a lot of confusion for me! I thought it was some kind of electrical switch! ha!

I will have to check when I get home, but I think I have something like this in the kit. I think that it has some kind of small hose connection on one end and some kind of nut on the other. Not for sure, but will check this evening.

I only have the instructions from the internet. Does the the little booklet that normally comes with the Kit, have part identifying illustrations? If not, they need to do this!

wittom 08-02-2002 05:36 PM

The instructions that come with the kit are the same as the ones on the site. The only thing different is that they are in a booklet (wich makes it a bit easier to navigate) and the pictures are a bit bigger.
I agree that a parts list with discriptions would be quite helpful. I guess they can't make it that easy!;) The instructions have the arrows and circles like the site does. The instructions are good, just not perfect.

Like I've said before, I am no expert. Thanks Crash! for clarifying the hobbs switch thing. I like to try to help but I realize I don't have all the right answers. I think it's cool that we all work together!

iron horse 08-03-2002 02:12 AM

Okay, I checked the black hose with the fitting on the end. It appears to not be the Hobbs Switch.

It is a small diameter black hose about 1 foot in lenght and a "brass" looking "T" connector with one end in the hose. I have no ideal where this is suppose to be connected.

I have emailed the seller again and revised my revised list of missing parts.

iron horse 08-04-2002 03:03 PM

Update,

Just to let everyone know, I am still waiting on a response from the seller. After posing a problem or concern to him, it usually takes about a week or so to resolve it, I have been updating my missing parts list to him, therefore I will should here something from him next week some time.

On a positive note for all of you that buy a new kit from a dealer/distributor, if you run into the missing part problem like me, you should be able to just call the seller and have the parts sent to you. Although, the seller of my Kit, has suggested several times that he could just send me the $ for the parts and I could get them. If he is unable to get his "good friends" at Allen Engine Development to get him the missing parts, I will take him up on that offer.

I think I could get the parts either through Magna/Allen and or Crash!, myself. I would prefer to get the parts through Crash! and go ahead and get some upgrades while I am at it.

I will update when I hear something. In the meanwhile, I am re-reading the instructions, looking at the parts, reviewing what tools I need and what I have (sorry no snap-on, just craftsman and cheapos).

Yes, the wait is driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting the "Mod. shakes".........I need to bolt something on soon! ha!

Note: In a future thread, I intend to provide a detailed list of the parts in the Kit. The purpose is to provide a "shopping" list for the working class guys like me that are attempting to piece a Kit together. Most of these parts look like they have some sort of universal application.

The only major part I see so far that would be expensive and tailor made for a particular application is the upper intake manifold that is bolted to the supercharger. I do not know if all M-90 Eaton superchargers have the same "manifold opening".

Ian N 08-06-2002 07:30 PM

One other item....I found that the internet instructions show a different FMU than the printed instructions.

The "internet" FMU is firewall mounted and most kits are mounted on the factory FMU.

When I called Magnusson they said "Oh, yeah, we changed back to the original setup because the revised setup was no good".

Ian

iron horse 08-06-2002 07:56 PM

Ian N,

Any and all tips like your last one, are greatly appreciated!

I have a very dumb question and should know better, but...............what is a FMU?

I have seen that term used alot but when I attempt to do a search, "FMU" is under the required four charcter requirement for a search.

Ian N 08-06-2002 10:27 PM

Sorry, FMU is Fuel Management Unit and it is the aluminum mushroom shaped device that sits on the Ford Fuel Pressure Regulator.

It has two vacuum ports on it and they both have to be connected to the signal from the manifold (same line that goes to the Hobbes switch). The "internet" version only has one line to it, so I didn't know what to do with the second port (and neither did the first two people at Magnassun I spoke to).

Ian

ps - I took the internet instructions and stuck all the photos in the right places as a doc file- if you want a copy, send me an email.

iron horse 08-07-2002 12:16 AM

Ian N,

"Aluminum Mushroom shaped device"......Now thats the kind of "tech. talk" that even I can understand....... ha!.....and I have that part!

Thank you very much for the offer of the instruction corrections. I will email you as soon as I post this.

iron horse 08-08-2002 02:46 AM

Ian N,

Thank you very much. MagnaCharger should put you on the payroll. Your version makes more sense than theirs! ha!

Everyone,

Step 25 of the instructions states that 96-99 F-150s should use the stock fuel rails.

Step 25 also states that 00-present F-150s should use the supplied fuel rails.

The seller knows that I have a 1999 4.6, yet, the seller sent the "supplied" fuel rails (brand new 97' version, but had a cut in the grey rubber type coating, fuel line appears to not be damaged).

The private Seller said that the kit was designed for the 97 fuel rails, therefore my 99' would need the 97' fuel rails. Yet, the instructions state that it is the 00 and up models that need other fuel rails.

QUESTION: With my 99' 4.6, which fuel rails do I use, my stock 99' or the "supplied fuel rails" which are 97' fuel rails?

wittom 08-08-2002 07:41 AM

I don't know if there are differences between the '98 and '99 4.6 but I used the stock fuel rail. It fits right back the way it did before.

iron horse 08-08-2002 11:52 AM

Wittom,

Thanks once again. Since I have a 99' 4.6, it appears that my stock fuel rails should fit (looks like the seller spent $200 bucks on new, factory, 97' fuel rails for nothing). I wonder if I could sell them hmmmmmmm..........

I guess I could sell them (new/unused factory 97' fuel rails with a cutt in the grey coating, fuel line is fine ) to someone with a 00' or newer F-150, 4.6, that is trying to piece together a Magnacharger kit.

On your other problem....

I forgot that the supercharger is suppose to have some type of oil in it. I guess I better check it somehow, to make sure that it has fluid in it before I start it up.

I wish I could help you with your noise problem. But, hey, I promise to buy you a beer or a table dance at next years Rally. I intend to go then......ha!

wittom 08-08-2002 12:51 PM

Iron Horse, it's ok. I will get the problem resolve eventually. I really like the way my truck is set up but it can be kind of unnerving when a problem pops up. I can no longer expect (free) support from the dealer. At least not for this. It's the support of all the members here that gives me hope that I will find a diagnosis and will be able to fix the problem without taking out a bank loan! (I'm in dept far enough!)

I don't think you have to worry too much about the fluid in your supercharger. It's a reliable system. I think problems are few and far between. I'm just paranoid:eek: !

I will certainly take you up on that beer! I will have to pass on the tabe dance, my girl will probably be there too.

iron horse 08-08-2002 03:24 PM

Yeah, the down side to all these toys.......debt!

I just made my first "covert" creditcard payment for a supercharger that I have yet to install........ha!

Neal 08-08-2002 09:42 PM

HI!... IRON HORSE : I know what you mean!LOL! I just got my $1700.00(U.S) ($2600.00(CAN) bill from MIKE T. If you want to play, you have to pay!LOL! :D

iron horse 08-09-2002 10:25 AM

Neal,

$1700 for what?.....I know, I know, its a secret....ha!

Update,

Heard from seller Yesterday. He says he talked to his Ford guys and they said that the fuel rails should be fine, however, if I feel uncomfortable about using them, I can return them to him and he will replace them. Yet, I was still bothered about the instructions stating that 97-99 you use your stock fuel rails and if 00 or newer, you use fuel rails with the Kit. Mine is a 99', but the seller sent me the additional fuel rails to use. Which ones do I use?

He also said that he was going to call Allen Engine Development and get the missing parts.

However, last night, F150online member, Ian N (a very smart guy), asked me if I also received the intake manifold bolts in the kit. What? So I re-read the instructions and it does state that you are to use the supplied intake manifold bolts........dam*!!!!!!!!

Soooooo, I emailed the seller last night and suggested that he get a copy of the "shippers list" and email or fax me the copy. Then, once and for all, I can determine what is missing and he can send me all the missing parts at one time.

I am waiting for his response. He does appear to be trying, however, it is apparent that he has not been using the "shippers list"!!! I need to see the actual "Shippers List".

iron horse 08-09-2002 05:25 PM

Still waiting, but had to say........

Yesterday, when coming home from work, I thought I was racing a late model Mustang convertable. I had it "pegged" at 100 mph and he just pulled ahead of me as if I was in park. I tried to continue but the governor or whatever it is, kicked in and started reducing my speed. What the hel*!!!!

I hope this supercharger allows me to at least keep up with these little sports cars like the Mustang!

iron horse 08-12-2002 05:37 PM

Update,

Okay, while still waiting for the seller get a magnacharger "check list" or "shippers list" sent to me I called MagnaCharger myself today.

Magnacharger told me that about three weeks ago, "they turned everything over back to Allen Engine Development". Magna checked to see if they had a check list and could not find one. They told me to call Allen Engine Development.

I called Allen Engine Development. I talked to a guy named Scott. Scott was very helpful and informative. First, I told him about my situation. He told me that Allen Engine Development knew the Seller very well since, the Seller was the first person to have a MagnaCharger Kit on his Ford! In fact, the Seller's Ford was in the truck magazines for having the Kit!

Scott pointed out that Allen Engine Development actually developed the Kit and then Magna took the Kit over. Then recently, Allen took the entire Ford Kits back over. He said that Magna still has the Chevy kits.

He told me that although, my kit is new, I have one of the first versions of the kit and that is why my manifold says Allen instead of MagnaCharger.

Scott also said that a shippers list or check list is not going to help me, because the list is constantly changing. He also stated that I should check the following:

1. Do not use the MagnaCharger version of the instructions or the older Allen version of the instructions, I need to download the new Allen Engine Development instructions.

2. If I have an aluminum intake manifold, instead of black plastic (plastic?), I use the stock intake manifold bolts.

3. He said that I do not want a Hobbs Switch. I want it to run when I turn the ignition key on. He also told me that the Kits now include the Lightning intercooler pump. He also said that they do not have the "L" shaped bracket for the intercooler pump since they upgraded the kit to include the Lightning pump. He said to go to any hardware store and get a bracket, it is no big deal.

4. He said that I will need the 97 fuel rails and that the cut in the grey coating will not hurt anything.

5. He said to check the depth of the thermostate housing counter bore and make sure that it is the same as my stock counterbore. If it is not the same, I will have to have some kind of shims.

He also said to not get hung up on the instructions (Crash! said this as well). He said that the pictures will tell how everything goes. If you look at the purpose of the parts, you can understand where everything goes.

He also said that if I need something or can not figure out how to install something, to let him know and they will help me.

So, it looks like I am going to download the new Allen Engine Development instructions and study the pictures...ha!

Any comments or suggestions concerning these latest developments, are always welcomed and appreciated.

iron horse 08-17-2002 12:21 PM

Update,

After trying to figure everything out, I am NOW waiting on the seller (he seems to be as confused as me) to find out the following:

1. Do I "need" to wire a intercooler pump to "run" when I turn the ignition key on and if so, do I need the Lightning intercooler pump and related hardware instead of this standard "puppy" pump or do I still need the hobbs pressure switch and the standard pump L bracket and related hardware?

2. Will this manifold that was made for a 97' and has stamped "Allen" on it instead of Magnacharger (yet the supercharger says Magna on it), fit on my lower manifold and bolt up with out "cracking" around the thermostate housing area?

The easiest way to find all this out, would be to start putting these parts on and see where problems "pop" up if any, however, if I start to tear down everything and I run into a part not fitting or a missing part problem, my truck will be "down" more than a few days and I will be screwed!!!! ha!

Therefore, I am trying to determine, just what do I need in extra parts and or different parts.

wittom 08-17-2002 01:53 PM

Damn man, what a hassle. Is it still a good deal?

You are being very patient (or at least appearing so here on the boards), it'll all come together and make th whole ordeal worth it!

If you could get pics of what you have maybe we could help more. If you don't have a digital get one of thoes disposables and get the pics on disk. Just an idea.

You've had us in suspense for a while now. I can't wait for the conclusion!

iron horse 08-17-2002 06:21 PM

Wittom,

Thanks for your concern. As several of you may know, this deal has taken me over four (4) months! ...and I still do not have it installed! I thought the major problem was going to be getting the "covert" financing...ha! The seller and I have over 40 emails sent to each other and we both are still.....confused! I "think" everything will work fine, however, I only "think" that.

The only possible problems are the pump issue and the manifold thermostate issue? The seller will correct either problem, when we can determine once and for all what is what. I don't think that the manifold theromostate housing should be any different since mine is a 99' and these Kits are grouped into two (2) categories including (1.) 97-99 and (2.) 2000-to 2002???? The only difference is suppose to be the Name stamping (mine has "Allen" and the others have "Magna") as well as mine is suppose to be the original ???????

As to the pump issue, my concern is that the standard "puppy" pump was meant to be activated during boost (i.e. hobbs pressure switch) and I do not have the switch. As well as Allen Engine Development said that I do not want to use the hobbs switch-they said I want to have the pump activate at the ignition key. Yet, they qualified their statement by saying that the Kits now have been upgraded with the Lightning pump. Therefore, what do I do? Do I wait on the hobbs switch or get the LIghtning pump or hook my "puppy" pump up to activate off the ignition key?????????

Yes I am going nuts. But, again, the reality of the situation is that, if I had not found this deal for a new kit, I would not have spent $2500 dollars (plus $85 for shipping) on a kit. I would have looked for a used kit in the 1,000 to 1,500 dollar range. I am just too much of a poor boy to finance that much $ by "covert" creditcard interest of 8.9% or more (used truck finance was 5.9%)

So, the wait is long, but the price was right. If it fits, I will be able to say it was a good deal. If it does not fit, I either get the correct part, money for the part or a complete refund.

Thanks for the ideal about posting pictures. You know, I think I am going to do that. Let me do some research on that process and I can start posting some pics.

2000F150HD 08-17-2002 07:15 PM

i would say that you should wire the pump to the ignition. that is how the pump on the ATI is wired. i am not sure if it is the same for the magna, but i would imagine it would work fine. you may want to eventually switch to the L pump, but.... i think it would work

-steve

iron horse 08-17-2002 07:34 PM

2000150HD,

Thanks for the input. That is good to know about other superchargers.

What is aggrevating about the situation is that, several months ago, the seller only lacked two parts before shipping. He obtained the new fuel rails easily. HOwever, he was having a hard time locating the "pupy" pump. He asked me if he could just send me the money for the pump and I could get it. I said no, please send me the complete kit with the originally required parts.

In the meantime, Crash! suggested that I take the money and run! and I could get an upgrade to the LIghtning pump. Yet, the Seller had already ordered the stock pump! It took more than several weeks to get it. Then I find out from his friends at Allen Engine Development that, I should not use the hobbs pressure switch and I should wire it up like the LIghtning pump and that the Kits NOW come with the Lightning pump! Man! I should have called Crash! before talking to the Seller. It would have saved the Seller and I alot of hassle!

Thanks again.

2000F150HD 08-18-2002 12:20 AM

yes, but they way i see it you will have no problems wireing the pump to be on whenever the ignition is on. or you could wire it up like the ATI pump is wired. it is wired to the stock fuel pump relay. this way the boost pump will run whenever the stock pump runs. (a few seconds too prime when you turn the ignition on and whenever the engine is on). this is how the ATI pump works. im sure crash could assist you in wiring it up. i could also goo take a look at the instructions again if you are interested. I am considering putting a lightning pump in to replace my pump. the only reason is that the pump is quite loud in the cab. but i may try to isolate the vibrations before i spend the cash for an L pump. as far as i have heard, besides the noise an inline pump works just as well as a L tank pump. Of course it is always a good idea to keep an eye on your pressure with a gauge. I have an autometer full sweep electronic fuel pressure gauge on the way for mine. good luck getting the kit in. you will definately be satisfied in the end. it will be worth knowing you got a good deal.

-steve

wittom 08-18-2002 01:41 AM

2000F150HD, I'm pretty sure that Iron Horse is refering to the liquid to air intercooler pump. You have the advantage of the air to air with the ATI.
The Magnacharger that I've got came with a switch that runs the pump only when in pressure. I believe Crash! said it turned on at 0 vaccum? The pump is not designed to run at long intrevals. The Lightning intercooler pump is a better design and can run all the time, as long as the engine is running.

Being that I have the hobbs switch and the "weaker" pump, every once in a while I will check to make sure it's working.

2000regcab54 08-18-2002 08:56 AM

The way the "weaker" Magnacharger intercooler pump is wired is through a relay, through the hobbs (pressure) switch, and to a relay in the big fuse box under the hood. The relay it is tapped into is hot whenever the motor is on, not just when the key is on. This was the only issue I had when installing my Magnacharger. I thought it would be hot when the key was on. I wired it up, put a jumper across the hobbs switch, and the pump wouldn't run with the key on. I checked everything ten times and couldn't figure it out. One quick call to Crash straightened everything out. There's just a quick pulse of electricity on that relay when the key is turned on. Then there is juice when the motor is running. So if you were to put the Lightning pump on, you could just take out the hobbs switch and let the pump run whenever the engine is running. :D

iron horse 08-19-2002 11:00 PM

Crash!,

First and foremost....thanks. For a guy that works for a living and works non-stop, I still find it amazing how you take the time to help a lot of people with tech info!

I checked the sites you listed. I have reviewed each site extensively and did not put 2 and 2 together. However, it appears that I do have the truck manifold. The throttle body sets on top of the Kit manifold, not on the side. Yet it says Allen on the top of the Kit manifold. Maybe it is a collector's item?... ha!

I just heard from the Seller. He finally sounds as frustrated as me. He found out that I did not need any other fuel rails. My 99 stock fuel would work ($200 bucks for nothing-could have went for a lightning pump..ha!).

He also said that the standard "puppy" pump is as far as he goes. That is fair. However, he is trying to find out about the hobbs switch and L bracket. He did not mention if he read my email about you. He said he would contact Allen Engine Development within several days and get back with me.

I will give you a call soon, thanks again.

iron horse 08-20-2002 03:23 PM

Update:

I just received an email from Scott at Allen Engine Development. He said that the hobbs switch is for the flojet intercooler pump. Without the hobbs switch, the flojet would burn up in a week or two. However, I have the jabsco and it will last a year or two without the hobbs switch. He said I should hook the pump up without the hobbs switch.

As to the thermostat housing counterbore issue, Scott said that the Mustang and F150 have the same manifold runner, but both use a different thermostat outlet, therefore I need to use a .05 washer to compensate for the difference in depth.

Scott also said that the changes have just been made to their online install directions.

Scott said to call him anytime if I need more help and that.....it is no big deal, bolt it on and go!

I really do not know why I am getting so frustrated with this install, even before....it begins! ha! Like I have said in the past, I have replace intake manifolds (put a edelbrock intake with a holley carb on a 350..ya!), I have used a engine hoist (cherry picker) and removed and replaced entire engines, as well as replacing entire transmissions, etc., etc (yet, I can't clean a computer plugg-in very well..ha!).

Anyway, I guess I need

1. figure out a way to get/make a "L" bracket for my jabsco "puppy" intercooler pump and get some bolts for it

2. get the .05 washer to shim the thermostat housing area

3. Find some instructions on wiring the intercooler pump without the hobbs switch.

4. Bolt the Kit in!!!!!!!!

iron horse 08-22-2002 07:43 PM

Update:

It is Thursday evening. Just found out that I may have a "window" of opportunity to put the Kit in this weekend....maybe.

So, I have tomorrow and Saturday morning to get the following:

1. Get wiring info from Scott at Allen Engine Development or Crash!.

2. Find some kind of bracket to bolt the intercooler pump to.

3. Firgure out if my 99' f150 4.6 has the coolant hose running to the throttle body. If it does not, I got to get a "pipe plug" for the manifold.

4. Get the throttlebody gasket (I already got the manifold gaskets.

5. Determine if I am going to change the spark plugs and wires and what kind to get.

6. Have some other transportation on standby once I start. (Firebird will be gone and I have been unable to take the time to remove the starter on my Harley and have it fixed)

wittom 08-22-2002 08:23 PM

You're being like the government. "The covert operation may take place...." J/K;)

If I may once again pass on my humble opinions:

For the time being you could zip tie the intercooler pump untill you can find a suitable bracket. I think that you may be able to use something like perferated strap and self tapping screws. If you had the time and money we could get you some measures and you could have a machine shop make up one just like the one that comes with the kit.

I believe that the '98 and '99 4.6's are the same. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I did have the coolant hose. The kit came with a coupling to connect to it. If your kit did not than you can find one in the plumbing section of the hardware store.

I think changing the plugs is a hell of a lot easier with the manifold off. I have the Denso IT16's on there. I don't know what others are using. Anyone know if the auto parts stores carry "performance" plugs?

Are you going to have someone to help you out? You will need someone to give you a hand setting the thing in place. Just make sure they have reliable wheels.

Like I said, these are my humble opinions. If you haven't figured out by now, I'm kind of a paranoid freak! I assume that anything that can go wrong will. Well my install went well. You will be fine.

I will try and check in tis weekend if your going to do the install. It all depends on what my girl wants to do. There is no such thing as "covert" here.:(

It's been a long time coming. I'm eagar to see what you think. I'ts been cool seeing this progress, and having something to post about!

iron horse 08-22-2002 09:01 PM

Wittom,

I always appreciate your opinions and comments...good or bad...ha!

Denso IT 16. So, that is a good plug to use with a MagnaCharger Kit????????? Are they pre-gapped? Do I need to gap them to a certain setting? SHould I use anti-seize on the threads? If so, I am getting those Saturday morning.

What about plug wires? I see everyone using Accel plug wires. What do you think about thoses?

I also see some guys experiencing problems with aftermarket plugs and plug wires. Do not want to go down that road.

I am going to go to the garage right now, and see if I have the coolant hose.

skidmarkracing 08-22-2002 09:17 PM

i have not read the whole strip however during your install you may run into a snag while installing the compessor onto the motor.

If no one has mentioned it the coolant host that runs across the block from front to back may block the ability for the compressor to properly seat. This is a all metal coolant tube. You will need to cut it on the front and back and install a rubber hose to replace the removed section. This will allow the compressor to properly seat.

This only applies to a few motors and I do not know if it will to yours.

iron horse 08-22-2002 11:04 PM

Skid,

Thank you for that tip. I hope like he** that it does not apply to my engine! ha. Knowing my luck, I would cut the wrong line..ha!

Okay,

I just finished looking at my throttlebody. It took me longer to find a flash light with working batteries, than it did to remove the plastic cover...ha!

My throttle body has a sticker on it that reads XL 3U - BC.

It does not have the small coolant line connected to it! Therefore, I need the "pipe plug" that did not come with the Kit!!!! dam* it to he**!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what? DO I walk around the local Lowes or home depot stores carrying this huge manifold/supercharger assembly looking for a pipe plug to fit the coolant crossover pipe!?! .....ha! When and if I do find it, do I put white plumbing tape on the threads or some kind of sealer on it?

On a side note, the way the engine sets back, almost reminds me of how a VAN engine sets back... ha! I think pulling this engine and replacing it would be very awkward (for a shadetree Mech. like me!)

wittom 08-22-2002 11:15 PM

Iron Horse, you still got thoes Magnacharger directions?
Take a look at steps 20 and 33. The hose is connected to the intake manifold. If you have the pics you will see the hose hanging over the top of the supercharger many times. In the pic with step 33 it shows the hose looping around. THe factory hose is a little long. I had to cut mine so I could couple the two pieces.

If you've got the directions I think you will understand what that's about.

iron horse 08-22-2002 11:45 PM

Wittom,

Yeah, I saw the large 5/8 heater hose on the rear of the intake manifold as described in step 20.

I was concerned with step 32. which states in part, "If your vehicle does not have a coolant hose that runs up to the throttle body install the supplied pipe plug into the coolant crossover pipe." Are they talking about the 5/8 coolant line mentioned in step 20? I have that one.

I thought that meant that the small diameter black line that you see in figures 30 & 31a., traveling up to the rear part of the passenger side of where the throttle body sets on the Kit manifold was some type of coolant line? Although it may be VAC line as shown in Figure 9?

Does all this mean that, there is not an acutal coolant line that is plumbed into the throttle body it self?