other mods with supercharger...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question other mods with supercharger...

hey, r there any other mods that go with a supercharger that help better the performance...? i've heard that some headers and colder plugs will help ur boost out.... i dunno...also which is the best supercharger for my truck? i've been looking at kenne bell, powerdyne, and magna charger...
thanx
J.P.

Old 01-16-2002, 11:22 PM
I have been doing some research on superchargers for my truck. Originally I thought the centrifugal was the one I wanted. Then I decided that the roots type would prabably give me more for the type of driving I would be doing, most of the time,

I have found that there are many other mods that can be done to enhance the effects of the supercharger. I hear headers are a good one to start with.

Good luck!
Tom

Old 01-17-2002, 02:09 AM
Superchip, FIPK (Air Force 1/K&N/Volant), Exhaust (Bassani, Magnaflow, Gibson), Headers (JBA) --- You can also lower gear ratios for better acceleration which will improve 0-60 and 1/4 times...but the lower the ratio...the higher rpm's your engine will need to run at certain speeds...the higher the rpm...the more fuel you use......this will decrease your top speed. If you have the 3.55 gears...I would recommend switching them to 3.73 (4.10 is just over doing it) And if you have the money...ProM MAF and Larger Throttle Body

Don't forget that your tranny will need a little work also to handle the extra power. You might want to check out www.levelten.com (they have some tranny kits) If they are too expensive you can get a descent shift kit from Transgo. I am not sure what their website is... but you can just do a little search on yahoo.com or something

WoW! This stuff is really going to get expensive!

Quick Reply: other mods with supercharger...