Those with over 10psi on roushcarger...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think there is enough room in the bumper to put either exchanger.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Ok my pump FINALLY arrived, this is the one I ordered: http://www.fuel-pumps.net/tu275hp.html I ordered this pump around April 8th Will this be enough pump?

I have an 8# lower on the wall here which should get me just shy of 15psi.

The front mount intercooler needs to get mounted yet. I've not had time to mess with that.

I have 39# injectors and stock maf, will these need to be upgraded?

Old 06-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mmmm 15psi. Gonna need a really good tune (unless your built?)

Old 06-09-2013, 11:03 AM
No stock bottom end. You saying I should slow 'er down and wait?

Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 PM
So perhaps go for another 2 psi and call it good then.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Crash!
That pump will be fine. At 100% duty cycle, it will flow 255lph.
Sure if you don't mind possibly blowing up the engine at WOT. Twin runs dual pumps as does fatherford. I would get a dual pump unit and you'll need atleast 60lb injectors. 39lb and stock pump is asking for problems.

15psi can be done with a built trans and stock bottom end just depends on tune and how you drive. Again look at twin at 13-15psi. Also you need a better MAF you'll peg the one you have now. Sct makes some you'll never max

Old 06-23-2013, 07:30 PM
You miss the point. And you are speculating again. I have run a 4.6 at 15 PSI with a 255lph pump and 42# injectors. THAT IS THE LIMIT of the 42s.
When will you understand, no one cares what your 4.6 5 speed has done. Its irrelevant. These 5.3 3v 4R75s are a different beast.

In your defense, on the 5.4, you have to feed an additional 50 cubic inches, so you may be right on going with 60#ers. But I do not support speculation.
That's good, from what I've seen you post on 3v motors its usually wrong, by not supporting it that means I'm on the right path.

Get this right... I posted this information for DIAGNOSTIC purpose. To direct him to get data logs to prove he needs the upgrades instead of reading a post and throwing parts at it because someone said he needed it!
Awesome. Except many people have already been there done that. We already know what works and at what power levels. Why go through all the trouble to try to figure out what already has been proven?

On the returnless systems... If the fuel pump or injectors hit a duty cycle above 90% it is time to upgrade. Both the fuel pump AND the injectors are duty cycle controlled. This means the pump is CONSTANTLY pulsing ON AND OFF. Under WOT, the duty cycle increases to maintain fuel pressure.

The 97-03 return systems ran the pump(s) the entire time the engine is running, returning unused fuel to the tank for cooling to prevent vaporization. In this case, you look at injector duty cycle and fuel pressure at WOT. You also look at A/F ratios, and as Jason said, it is a good idea to look at EGT as well.
Its already been logged over and over duty cycles on 3vs with certain amounts of boost.

You say he will peg the MAF. I say he should PROVE IT is MAXED before he replaces it. Test it instead of speculating. That is where our paths split. I disagree with your methods.
Again you say its my methods when I'm just relaying what most people already know. When I say most people I mean those not do not own a 4.6 2v 5speed. Twin maxed his out. Other guys have blown motors with LESS boost from maxing their MAFs out on colder days.

My methods are based on 13 years of TESTING with the NGS scan tool or WDS (Worldwide Diagnostic System), using the DATA at WOT on the DYNO. These are FORD pieces you will never have ACCESS TO at an independent shop. It will provide all the OBD II EEC V parameter data and testing needed to verify an upgrade is required.

Granted, SOME aftermarket scan tools will display these PIDs, but not many. Your best bet is the Snap On piece, but it is NOT cheap. There are many out there, so when shopping for a scan tool, you need FORD specific programming so you can select ALL required PIDs to get the information you need to make the call.

A/F Ratio.
Injector PW.
Fuel Pump PW.
Fuel Pressure.
EGT.
LOAD (In %)
IAT
MAF (Voltage and flow rate)

AT THE LEAST.

And I want to see the PIDs in GRAPH form so I can superimpose the curves and distinguish the problem child. A table is useless for making comparisons in my opinion. It leave it up to you to make the proper correlations between the individual PIDs.
Funny SCT software can log all of this without a problem. I have a Snap-On Scan tool and a Genesis that can also. Neither of these are needed nor do I understand why you bring up. No one on this site needs these tools to data log with a SCT which all the major tuners support. SCT hand helds that people are buying from tuners will data log all the info a tuner could want/need and they can easily adjust the tune. Again if you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't need to try to write a story to try to impress people with your "knowledge."

Before you ruin this thread and any others I post in with your rebuttal about how smart you are and how certified you are and how many cops you've beaten up. Just send me a private message. I wont throw names out but I've received private messages from a number people who are annoyed at your 4.6 2v 5 speed BS that doesn't have anything at all to do with the topic or the truck in question.

Quick Reply: Those with over 10psi on roushcarger...