Wanna go super

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna go super

I have my 2002 f-150 and well i wanna put a supercharger from an svt on it. Is there anything i need to know before and also on a stock bottom end (because i assume that the lightning and normal trucks are different) just feel like doing something nobody in my town has done. Ya you can procharge it but i mean cmon lol.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a how to in this section somewhere. Look for it.

And yes, you can use your stock motor.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Well...there is a decent amount you need to know.

There is a website that has a list of parts you need. I think the list is almost complete. Someone here will chime in and let you know what the address to the website is. I dont remember.

If I were you I would look into someone selling a swap "kit". There is one for sale in the parts section for 97-03 f150's. That is a great way to start your journey toward putting some boost into your engine.

Then I would start buying some gauges like
Wide Band (A/F ratio)
Fuel pressure
Trans temp
Boost

You will need a 255 LPH fuel pump

Some bigger fuel injectors. Lightning injectors are fairly common on eBay.

Bigger MAF, again a lightning 90mm Maf should be more than enough

You can keep your stock wiring harness but you will need to extend your IAT and TPS wires.

I would not run more than 12 pounds of boost in a N/A motor.

Look into getting the truck custom tuned

Think about a valve body for the trans

After all that start saving money for a built trans and motor just in case.

I think I covered most of it. If I missed something which I'm sure I did, someone will add to the list.

Do some more research! Str8t did an awesome write up. There is also a decent one where a guy swapped his expedition.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Lots of good info already. Here is the site that was brought up. Mark is a great guy to deal with.

http://www.madenterprise.com/scparts.htm

Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 AM
do you have a 5.4 motor?

Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by littleengine02
I have my 2002 f-150 and well i wanna put a supercharger from an svt on it. Is there anything i need to know before and also on a stock bottom end (because i assume that the lightning and normal trucks are different) just feel like doing something nobody in my town has done. Ya you can procharge it but i mean cmon lol.

if you have a 5.4 engine i got a lightning setup just sitting down returned my truck to stock selling it

let me know if you interested

following parts i have and you need to make the setup work!!!!!

I'm selling a complete lightning supercharger the only thing you will need to make it work on your regular ford 5.4 engine like i did is you will need to modify your vacuum lines.r wire harness needs to be extended so the iac valve connector can actually reach sensor to be plugged it is simple and i'm sure mechanic will be aware and do it i did it.
this supercharger will fit your 01-03 ford expedition with 5.4 engine with p1 heads also will fit a "01-03 ford f-150 with 5.4 engine i was running this setup on my 2001 ford f-150 with 5.4 engine .. i have the necessary parts to make it work all the parts i have are from a 01-04 ford lightning supercharged and will fit your 5.4 engine without a problem the only thing you will need is a custom sct tuner to make truck run the reason for that is because your running bigger injectors and and a bigger MAF "MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR" i can explain more to you if you interested i was confused at first when i bought all this when they explained to me it made alot of sense. Parts have around 100 to 150 miles. The supercharger does have around 40k miles i did buy that used runs great and is in good condition.

following parts i have and will make your 5.4 engine run!!!!!!

1.bracket
2.tensioner
3.belt idlers pulleys/bolts
4.lower intake gaskets: not available broke when i took them out
5.cruise control cable: don't have ford stop making them i use my stock one only difference are stock ones are longer and lightning ones are shorter.
6.throttle cable
7.throttle cable bracket
8.L.H pcv tube assy's
9.iac tube:dont have you can use your stock one.
10.egr tube modified: lightning ones are longer regular 5.4 ones are shorter or you can get an egr delete kit
11.intercooler reservoir/ cap known as the water tank comes with hoses and clamps.
12.tb to maf connector
13.MAF 90MM
14.lightning alternator
15alternator bracket with/bolts
16.upper radiator hose
17.upper intercooler hose
18.original equipment bolt kit
19.lower crank pulley(12psi) with/belt

20.fuel pump: not selling not taking it of my truck you can buy it in local part store they should have in stock just make sure when getting it you get the lightning one...

21.intercooler pump,pigtail,bracket
22.water pump spacer: would not need this if your running electric fans.
23.R.H side pcv assembly
24.supercharger and midplate bolts
25.gaskets for manifold and supercharger
26.heat exchanger
27.heat exchanger bracket: do not have makes installation better did not need it removed grill and sat it their without a problem.
28.supercharger,upper plenum, midplate, and intercooler.
29.lower intake manifold
30.42lbs lightning injectors

or you can also contact Mike Dunn his username in this forum is "madferraristi"

his website

madenterprise.com

either get parts from him or if you like i have ...

THE ABOVE PARTS MENTIONED ARE EVERYTHING I HAVE AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PUT IT ON YOU REGULAR 01-03 FORD EXPEDITION,01-03 FORD F-150. IMPORTANT: WILL ONLY FIT THOSE YEARS MAKE AND MODEL RUNNING A 5.4 ENGINE WITH pI HEADS

NOTE: TO MAKE THE TRUCK RUN YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE AND SCT TUNER WITH A CUSTOM TUNE FILE FOR YOU TO REFLASH YOUR ECM SO IT CAN DETECT YOU RUNNING ON A 90 MAF AND ON 42LBS INJECTORS IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS AND TRY TO TURN ON TRUCK WITHOUT IT BLACK SMOKE WILL COME OUT IT WILL DRIVE LIKE CRAP AND DIE ON YOU!!!!!

YOU CAN CONTACT JJ FROM WOODBINE MOTORSPORTS, OR JOHNNY LIGHTNING PERFORMANCE THEY WILL ASSIST YOU AND SELL YOU A TUNER WITH A CUSTOM TUNE FILE FOR YOUR ECM.

Last edited by California; 05-09-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by California
NOTE: TO MAKE THE TRUCK RUN YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE AND SCT TUNER WITH A CUSTOM TUNE FILE FOR YOU TO REFLASH YOUR ECM SO IT CAN DETECT YOU RUNNING ON A 90 MAF AND ON 42LBS INJECTORS IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS AND TRY TO TURN ON TRUCK WITHOUT IT BLACK SMOKE WILL COME OUT IT WILL DRIVE LIKE CRAP AND DIE ON YOU!!!!!

we told you so, also do you even know what year of setup you are selling????

Old 05-09-2012, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
we told you so, also do you even know what year of setup you are selling????
JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR!!!!!!
Followed rules bought sct tuner with a custom tune file from jj installed it without a problem motor was great. few weeks later problems started thought it was coming from tune but it did not have anything to do with that. if i brought that up on the post was because madferraristi told me this when i was in the process of buying all the conversion parts from him. just wanted to point that out for those who did not know.

of course i know i'm not going to sell anything without knowing what i'm selling
lower intake came out of a 2001 lightning
blower came out of a 2004 lightning

Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Yea i got a 5.4 i heard something about PI and NPI heads...haven't gotten around to checking on that quit yet. But I appreciate the feedback it will probably be a while before i start since this is my DD and my other project car is in the garage until she's done as well...but this truck will be lifted about 4-6" with 35's and maybe a few other accessories...its in definite need of an engine rebuild before i being with the supercharger idea she's pushing 165XXX on the odometer

Old 05-15-2012, 04:38 AM
If the truck is a 2002 then you have PI heads(thanks str8t). A truck with that many miles and the transmission I assume, I would stick with the stock lightning amount of boost which is 8#'s and upgrade the trans valve body at the least.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by formuladriver01
If the truck is a 2002 then you have PI heads(thanks str8t). A truck with that many miles and the transmission I assume, I would stick with the stock lightning amount of boost which is 8#'s and upgrade the trans valve body at the least.
How sure are you of this i mean im not doubting you but is this like a thing ford said ******* it lets throw PI heads on everything 5.4?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
the PI heads came on the 5.4 in 99+

Quick Reply: Wanna go super