Eaton M112 Pulley Puller

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eaton M112 Pulley Puller

Was wondering if anyone had the pulley removal/installation tool for the Roush. Im trying to save some money considering I may use this tool only once and it costs around $150.00 shipped.

Maybe work out a deal, I pay for shipping both ways and a reasonable rental fee? I cant find anyone that has the tool or rents it.

I tried a three claw puller with no success. It just kept slipping off and wouldnt line up. On top of that, it started to strip the thread on the shaft of the blower and even then, I had no way to install the new pulley. Im installing a smaller pulley and custom tunes from Troyer. Both the pulley and tunes are just sitting in the house waiting.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Wow...guess nobody upgraded their pulley!! LOL!! Oh well.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:01 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
I wouldn't let you use mine, expecially after you'vev already marred the threads on your eaton....

Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
I wouldn't let you use mine, expecially after you'vev already marred the threads on your eaton....

Not being able to use yours certainly wouldnt be the end of the world...but I see your point. It wasn't my mechanical inability, but more the inability of a common pulley remover which I have used on COUNTLESS other pullies in my other projects over the past 17 years.

The threads are only a little scored and have since been easily retapped and are like new. Troyer never indicated to me I would need a special tool to remove the pulley....but you live and learn. It seems everything needs a special tool these days...from plugs and pulleys to simple bolt removal.

Im sure companies do it on purpose...there must be good money in selling tools you only need to use once. With that said, I'll just purchase the tool, use it, and watch it collect dust.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 AM
let me know how that goes man, i have the roush charger and thats my next mod...was going to get my pully from troyer too. I know a good guy at the dealer I got my roush truck from so I figure they prolly have the tool and would be able to swap the pullies for me. but if not I may be renting that dusty tool lol!

Quick Reply: Eaton M112 Pulley Puller