injectors,spark plugs,fuel pump.... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation injectors,spark plugs,fuel pump.... Help!

well im looking for 60lbs injectors,colder spark plugs, and bigger fuel pump....

Since i will be moving up on boost to about 11-12lbs BOOST

What Injectors (brand)? where can i order them cheap?

which fuel pump and spark plugs are recommended? and also where can i get

them the Cheapest?.

Any help would be appreciated,Thanks

Old 01-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Pm sent

Old 01-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by Roush Nitemare
well im looking for 60lbs injectors,colder spark plugs, and bigger fuel pump....

Since i will be moving up on boost to about 11-12lbs BOOST

What Injectors (brand)? where can i order them cheap?

which fuel pump and spark plugs are recommended? and also where can i get

them the Cheapest?.

Any help would be appreciated,Thanks

I think 60lbs injectors are too much, I know that some guys in rgvtucks are telling you to get them,..but either they have a lightning or they have a chevy,...my saleen kit came with some diffrent ones but I dont know the lbs,..ill try to figure out and tell u,..now for plugs get a set of brisk sparkplugs,..they are colder plugs great for s/c applications,..now as far as fuel pump,...I dont have an idea,..i just know that troyer performance,..sells one,..but I think is a little expensive,.. by the way you were probably boosting that much already,..because you blew a head gasket,..the only reason why I think that happen was because,..boost produce heat,..and i dont think 8lbs of boost would blow a head gasket,.... check you boost levels in a dyno!!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm running 13 pounds of boost with 39# injectors no problem. I use autolite HT0 spark plugs, and you can get a new fuel pump set up from JDM.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by carlosc04
and i dont think 8lbs of boost would blow a head gasket,.... check you boost levels in a dyno!!
It could blow a head gasket on a stock motor, and superchargers produce ALOT of heat. Crazier things have happened.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by carlosc04
I think 60lbs injectors are too much, I know that some guys in rgvtucks are telling you to get them,..but either they have a lightning or they have a chevy,...my saleen kit came with some diffrent ones but I dont know the lbs,..ill try to figure out and tell u,..now for plugs get a set of brisk sparkplugs,..they are colder plugs great for s/c applications,..now as far as fuel pump,...I dont have an idea,..i just know that troyer performance,..sells one,..but I think is a little expensive,.. by the way you were probably boosting that much already,..because you blew a head gasket,..the only reason why I think that happen was because,..boost produce heat,..and i dont think 8lbs of boost would blow a head gasket,.... check you boost levels in a dyno!!

Yea there telling me 60lbs i also thought they were to much, ill probably just stay with the 39lbs...On the DYNO i was pushing 8lbs.. my guage says 8.5 The reason i think i blew my head gasket.. was because i installed the 4lbs lower and was running my truck pretty hard for about 5days without ever getting a retune... and me.. hard headed didnt wana bow down to the CHEVYS when they would romp at me and would lay the peddle to the ground.. even thow my truck was fukin around for not having a retune.
So after 5 days i took off the 4lbs pulley and put my stock pulley back since my truck was running kinda bad since i never got the retune...then thats when all that happend.... i was pushing my truck to its LIMITS for not having a retune for the 4 extra psi.

Last edited by Roush Nitemare; 01-13-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Up to about 450rwhp 39lbs are good for, past that 60's are needed.

You need to go to a gt500 dual pump setup and 60# injectors anything past 450rwhp.

You run at HRP right? I plan to go out there next month if the track gets open and shoot for my new best. I've done a few 12.9's at 2300 a few months ago. I want to go down to HRP again when the DA is 0 or lower and see what that and my new long tubes do to my times.

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 01-13-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 01-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Up to about 450rwhp 39lbs are good for, past that 60's are needed.

You need to go to a gt500 dual pump setup and 60# injectors anything past 450rwhp.

So then i might need 60lbs... not to sure if ill make 450rwhp thow

Fatherford... do you think my engine can handle 11-12psi?

Old 01-13-2010, 01:12 PM
So then i might need 60lbs... not to sure if ill make 450rwhp thow

Fatherford... do you think my engine can handle 11-12psi?
Mine has for several years...

I was doing 450/450rwhp with my vortech on 12lbs. I was doing 420/490 on 11.5lbs on my mail order tune from JDM with my saleen twin screw. I have long tubes now, so I imagine those power numbers went up, and my boost is about 10lbs or so now.

I had to add a boost a pump when I installed my saleen blower to keep up with the fuel demands and have it at the a/f in the low 11's with only 10 degrees of timing.

I really need a good dyno tune, but I'm going to wait until I get a 4# lower, 60# injectors, and gt500 dual fuel pump. One of these day's I'm sure I'll find the limit. JDM was getting roughly 480-490rwhp on 93 octane on the same setup I plan on doing.

What I would be concerned on that roush blower is they are notorious for getting hot. Which seems to be the reason a lot of tuners don't recommend more then 8-9psi on those setups. IMO I would look into getting an aftermarket heat exchanger.

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 01-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:56 PM
MDK
Damn Fatherford you keep stealing all my comments

Just to piggyback without being repetitive but I was always under the impression injectors went hand in hand with the power you made not really boost. I run 8.5lbs currently with 39lb injectors and after speaking with Troyer I know he runs the ported Roush blowers up to 10lbs now I believe. My fuel setup makes 380rwhp/419rwtq with about 13-15% duty cycle left on my stock fuel system/motor? Troyer said he was surprised and I was going to go with his 04-08 fabricated hat that he created but it wasn't necessary. Troyer also said with a simple pulley swap it could get about 400rwhp and would just need a re-tune so thats 400rwhp on 39lb injectors a stock fuel system. I concur with the GT pumps or if you want to cheap out get a boost a pump, which are actually needed in the 09+ systems for people that are doing this since they don't make any fuel upgrades as of yet.

Now my other ride has 460rwhp and I'm still good with 42lb injectors running 11psi so take that for what it's worth. Of course I don't think it would hurt to do 60lb injectors.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by MDK
Damn Fatherford you keep stealing all my comments

Just to piggyback without being repetitive but I was always under the impression injectors went hand in hand with the power you made not really boost. I run 8.5lbs currently with 39lb injectors and after speaking with Troyer I know he runs the ported Roush blowers up to 10lbs now I believe. My fuel setup makes 380rwhp/419rwtq with about 13-15% duty cycle left on my stock fuel system/motor? Troyer said he was surprised and I was going to go with his 04-08 fabricated hat that he created but it wasn't necessary. Troyer also said with a simple pulley swap it could get about 400rwhp and would just need a re-tune so thats 400rwhp on 39lb injectors a stock fuel system. I concur with the GT pumps or if you want to cheap out get a boost a pump, which are actually needed in the 09+ systems for people that are doing this since they don't make any fuel upgrades as of yet.

Now my other ride has 460rwhp and I'm still good with 42lb injectors running 11psi so take that for what it's worth. Of course I don't think it would hurt to do 60lb injectors.
Well I know I hit the limit of my 39# injectors. I beleive the duty cycle was upper 80's if not a tad in the 90's. Which is the reason I really haven't went and got a new tune until i got my other mods done.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Mine has for several years...

I was doing 450/450rwhp with my vortech on 12lbs. I was doing 420/490 on 11.5lbs on my mail order tune from JDM with my saleen twin screw. I have long tubes now, so I imagine those power numbers went up, and my boost is about 10lbs or so now.

I had to add a boost a pump when I installed my saleen blower to keep up with the fuel demands and have it at the a/f in the low 11's with only 10 degrees of timing.

I really need a good dyno tune, but I'm going to wait until I get a 4# lower, 60# injectors, and gt500 dual fuel pump. One of these day's I'm sure I'll find the limit. JDM was getting roughly 480-490rwhp on 93 octane on the same setup I plan on doing.

What I would be concerned on that roush blower is they are notorious for getting hot. Which seems to be the reason a lot of tuners don't recommend more then 8-9psi on those setups. IMO I would look into getting an aftermarket heat exchanger.
Im currently making 401rwhp and 501rwhp My mods are: 8.5psi,tune,headers,Efans....

4lbs lower shoud get me what HP numbers?

We sorta have the same set-up... im going with a 4lbs lower also. So i will be making about 12psi

will a boost a pump work for me? how much is it and where can i order it?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im currently making 401rwhp and 501rwhp My mods are: 8.5psi,tune,headers,Efans....

4lbs lower shoud get me what HP numbers?

We sorta have the same set-up... im going with a 4lbs lower also. So i will be making about 12psi

will a boost a pump work for me? how much is it and where can i order it?
Probably a good 10hp per 1# boost. So figure another 40 rwhp with the 4# pulley.
Boost-a-pump.
http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...ories-home.htm

Phil

Old 01-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by phil6608
Probably a good 10hp per 1# boost. So figure another 40 rwhp with the 4# pulley.
Boost-a-pump.
http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...ories-home.htm

Phil
Dam that would be nice if i get the 40rwhp gains

Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I am pushing 412+/489+ at 10lbs I am now at 12lbs but do not have the new numbers. when you install the long tubes the boost will drop a pound or two. My Roush is also ported along with my exhaust side of the heads are ported and I have a 8#lower on but only see 12lbs maybe 13lbs. I am running 39lb injectors and the stock fuel pump and still I am at 11 A/F so Unless you intend to go all out then stick with the 39lbs and maybe put a GT310lph pump in the tank.

Also I am running Brisk 3VR14S plugs and may drop to 3Vr12S plugs.

Last edited by Huitt24; 01-13-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: spark plugs

Quick Reply: injectors,spark plugs,fuel pump.... Help!