2010 + up front bag setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 + up front bag setup

Does anyone make the front bag mounts for the newer f150?

Old 04-09-2015, 12:04 PM
what's your goal?
laying frame or just bag(ridetech bagged strut)?

laying frame...on how tall tire?

email MMW and ask.
I'ved had some issue with my MMW setup, but it's looks like they resolved it last year.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:43 PM
I would like to lay frame, or as close to it as possible. Right now I am on my stock tires, but when I upgrade tires/wheels...around 32-33" tall tire.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:04 PM
to lay on a 32" tall tire you need the full MMW front setup.
33" damm.. you want to ride on 28" wheel?

that mean cutting everything from the frame and fitting and welding all the new bracket.
+ reaming the stock spindle (and maybe need drop spindle)

+ removing the inner fender, moving you battery,air intake, windshield washer reservoir(replace by a small universal one)

in the back notching the frame, lifting the gaz tank(~2" by lifting the crossmember) and notching the cross member for the driveshalft to travel. + the bed modification.

at the end :you'll still be a bit nose high, cause to lay flat, you need to Z the F150 frame....or you bodydrop right now and solve all this....that's an ole other ballgame though!

Ford's are kinda the worst to lay :|

I' have done it to my 07...it's a lot of work...but worth it IMO.

what's your budget?

Old 04-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Well, I just based that on the tire size I was planning on using. I am wanting to run a 22" but with more than just a rubber band tire. My truck is setup for performance, so I want some meat on there still.

I checked with them, they said they don't have a kit yet for my year model. They haven't tested the one for the 08s yet to see if they will work or not.

The rear isn't that big of a deal to me, I have a cover and don't haul much. Just trying to find stuff for front setup now. If I don't lay completely out, but am close...then I will be ok. I might just go as low as I can without having to do all the extra up front to do it. Just depends on what all I can find, and what I decide when it's time.

Not sure on a budget yet. Just seeing what all I can find parts wise and stuff before getting too deep into it. Also, tire size isn't set in stone either. But I would like to run like a 22" wheel though.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:36 AM
22 wheel won't have rubber band(275/45/22 isn't rubber band)....24" either.
26 yes though
I want to have 22front/24rear in the future

MMW is the only shop that I know do front setup.
04-08 and 09-10 are pretty much the same frame and front setup.
Even with the kit: you need to ajust and take mesurement, I don't see how it couldn't work..but it certain they won't "guarantee" the fit.

Your last bet to lay, is going 100% custom A-arm(MMW can do it again but $)

if laying is not your 100% goal: ridetech full setup(Air strut and air bar). (maybe they don't advertise them for 09+ either :|)

anything less then 5K...for quality parts: just forget about it.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Yea, I knew it would be pricey. I haven't 100% made up my mind on if I am going to bag it or not. This isn't my first bagged ride, and I've been around them a long time. I just haven't fully decided which way I am going to go...either bagged or just as low as I can lower it.

Quick Reply: 2010 + up front bag setup