Help with shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with shocks

Hey guys. I tried searching for this, but didn't really find any clear answers. I have this 04 F150 that is lowered, but not sure how much. I'm thinking 3/4 or 3/5.

Anyway it needs shocks. The rear sags a bit so I was going to put some air shocks on to help level it out. I can't stand for the rear of the truck to sag. Up front I wasn't sure what everyone was running for a good lowered shock, and are there different ones for different levels of lowering? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I tihnk alot of us are running the Belltech Street Performance shocks. They ride great. And to et rid of the sag, see if you can adjust the shackle up a bit it'll give ya some height back.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:59 PM
i would guess thats a 3/5

I liked doetsh tech shocks on my 00 I had

Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by 97madness
I tihnk alot of us are running the Belltech Street Performance shocks. They ride great. And to et rid of the sag, see if you can adjust the shackle up a bit it'll give ya some height back.
X2!

Belltech street performance shocks!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by 97madness
So you think the Belltech shocks will help get rid of the sag? That's great to hear. I need to get under it and see exactly how they did the rear end. If it's shackle/hanger, or a flip kit.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll look into both brands of shocks.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm not exactly saying the shocks should help the sag. But overall ride will be great. IF you do have the shackles, then just move them down a notch to bring the back up.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm running Nitro Drop which give me a nice ride. My next shocks will be Bilstiens. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Last edited by c_ulater; 09-17-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I'll see what the rear setup is and go from there for the sag problem. As for the ride it actually rides pretty good now besides bouncy

Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
OK I got under the truck and looked. It has a flip kit in the rear with the BellTech Nitro Drop shocks. So what are my options for raising the rear just a bit? The front is already to it's max without changing the wheel/tire setup. It rubs on some dips and such. So lowering the front more isn't really an option for the roads around here haha. Would I be beat to go with air shocks, new leafs, adding a leaf? Sorry for the newb questions. My old Sierra I just did a 2/4 drop on and was fine. This is somewhat new territory for me try and raise it up an inch or so.

I still need to jack the front up and take the wheels off to see what parts I have up front. The shocks look to be maybe DJM's. They aren't the same Nitro's as the front.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by NobleHdwe
OK I got under the truck and looked. It has a flip kit in the rear with the BellTech Nitro Drop shocks. So what are my options for raising the rear just a bit? The front is already to it's max without changing the wheel/tire setup. It rubs on some dips and such. So lowering the front more isn't really an option for the roads around here haha. Would I be beat to go with air shocks, new leafs, adding a leaf? Sorry for the newb questions. My old Sierra I just did a 2/4 drop on and was fine. This is somewhat new territory for me try and raise it up an inch or so.

I still need to jack the front up and take the wheels off to see what parts I have up front. The shocks look to be maybe DJM's. They aren't the same Nitro's as the front.

You should use a shackle to raise it up a bit. I would also recommend the Street Performance shocks by Belltech. We offer forum discounts for members.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by T_S_S
You should use a shackle to raise it up a bit. I would also recommend the Street Performance shocks by Belltech. We offer forum discounts for members.
Which shackle would you recommend? I ordered the street performance shocks from you on Monday. Thanks for the help on them.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor
You could do a 1" shackle.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I'll get the new shocks on, and see where that puts it. Then give ya a shout. Thanks for the info

Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm running Belltech Nitro Drop 2's and they've been great so far.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Got the street performance shocks on this weekend. The ride is sooooooo much better.

Thanks to the guys at The Suspension Source for getting me fixed up.

Quick Reply: Help with shocks