Quick Help With Coils!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Help With Coils!!

I was hoping someone could give me a rundown on how to install drop coils without a spring compressor. I kinda have an idea but just give me your thoughts! I plan on doing this Tuesday and I need to have your input before then if possible. Thanks in advance and Pics will be sure to come.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are talking about the ignition coils that connect to the spark plugs then the springs are needed to provide the connection between the coil and plug. If the connection can be made without the coil then I would bet the truck wont run well and the spark might burn up the boots.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no no no . Im talking of drop coils to lower the front.. and BTW where in TX you from? Maybe you could help me. lol. im in N.Texas. Wichita area.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:40 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by ScrewedUPF150
If you are talking about the ignition coils that connect to the spark plugs then the springs are needed to provide the connection between the coil and plug. If the connection can be made without the coil then I would bet the truck wont run well and the spark might burn up the boots.

Originally Posted by 03F150MrSBF
no no no . Im talking of drop coils to lower the front.. and BTW where in TX you from? Maybe you could help me. lol. im in N.Texas. Wichita area.

put the truck on jackstands (enough so you can lower the A-Arms, remove the shock and then jack up the lower A- arm enough to take the balljoint loose from the spindle and then slowly lower the a-arm until the springs is un-compressed reverse the steps going back in just be careful when the jack is coming down as it may want to pop the spring out

Old 03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DFW..........Doh!!!!!

Quick Reply: Quick Help With Coils!!