tweeter placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy tweeter placement

Hello all.
I got a component speaker set for my 2002 Screw.....I was wondering how difficult it was to install the tweeters in the front doors? I was looking to put them in the "soft" vinyl area directly forward of the door handle. Anyone else put tweeters here flush-mounted? Just thought I'd ask before I go hacking up the vinyl.

Tim

Old 05-24-2002, 11:27 AM
I didn't put the tweeters from my MB Quart components in the doors at all,I put them in the AC vents, I have excellent imaging there

Old 05-24-2002, 01:14 PM
Go down the list a bit and look at the "component install" thread posted by ascii. It was explained there. It isn't too hard to install them there.

Old 05-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Why not mount them in the sailpanels?
They work great there and it isn't very expensive to replace the sailpanels if you want to remove the system and sell the truck.

Mike

Old 05-25-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Mike V
Why not mount them in the sailpanels?
They work great there and it isn't very expensive to replace the sailpanels if you want to remove the system and sell the truck.

Mike
I put mine just in front of the handles like he was asking about. I looked at the sail panels, but they aren't flat enough, the installation would have looked like crap. My tweeters would not have been close to being flush mounted there, especially on the passenger side. Not to mention, the way the drivers side dash wraps around, it would even be in the same place as the passengers. I am very happy with mine in front of the handles.

Old 05-28-2002, 11:43 PM
I'm another guy who mounted his tweets in the "soft tissue" of the doors, forward of the door latch. Sounds just fine. I would additionally advise to use great care in making your cuts. Use any template provided with your speakers. Use masking tape and completely cover the application area first. Then apply the template. Use an X-acto to make your initial cut thru the soft plastic vinyl. Then you can let fly with a hole cutter or more heavy-duty tool. This procedure, done carefully, will save you much gnashing of teeth because you won't rip the vinyl.

Quick Reply: tweeter placement