Anyone have a 6X9 Modification in F-150 6X8

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a 6X9 Modification in F-150 6X8

Ok Guys, has anyone out there modified the 6X8 inch factory speaker hole to fit a 6X9 inch speaker! i have been thinking of this and wonder if it can be done so i can get a bigger speaker basket to get a little more bass ranther than putting in a sub! its just a thought right now but if it can be done and it sounds good i am going to do it! what do you guys think! any input is good for me!

bigNAnative

Old 03-04-2002, 04:23 PM
I put in Pioneer speakers in the back, that were 6x9 I think. I did it through Crutchfield. They provide installation instructions that are customized for your truck. You can also call them and they will tell you what will fit your truck.

Crutchfield.com

But don't think that 6x9 three way speakers will give you better bass. The hole in the middle due to the tweeter takes away from the bass and just gives good all around sound. If possible (for the back speakers) I would try to find a speaker that is just two way so that there is no hole in the middle.

Old 03-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Hmmmm! I see, so maybe a component set up might be better for me for a little more bass! I noticed on ebay that they have two different types of 5x7 component set ups with the crossovers and removable tweeters! i think one is kicker and the other is clarion! i know pretty much kicker is a good brand, but what about clarion! how good of a sound could come out of thier speakers! if anyone can give me any input on these things it would be great! thanks for the info sdcoppola!

Old 03-24-2002, 12:34 PM
I've listened to both the Kicker and the Clarion component sets. IMHO I think that the Kicker is far better than the Clarion set. The kicker will play through with a lot more bass while being very balanced with it's highs. The Clarion's just didn't sound as complete for some reason. Just my $.02

Last edited by klintdog; 03-24-2002 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a 6X9 Modification in F-150 6X8