grrr 'subbox.net' grrrrr

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 07:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry grrr 'subbox.net' grrrrr

has anyone had a hard time getting a box that they ordered from these guys? i ordered mine on the 24th of january and still no box, not even a shipper number. has anyone ordered one around or after this date and already recieved it? i could really use your feedback.
thanks

2001 F150 SUPERCREW

Old 02-26-2002, 08:01 PM
ARGHHHH

I feel your pain, my friend. I ordered my box around that same time and have heard absolutely nothing about shipping. They did charge my credit card however. Supposedly, they are having problems with US customs at the border. It seems that subbox's products are made south of the border.....great.... If you go onto their site, and click on Andy's picture it has a deeper explanation. Man, am I glad I only have to deal with them once.... They didn;t even e-mail their customers to tell them the problems.....sheesh...

Old 02-26-2002, 10:43 PM
well i dont know if it makes me feel better or worse to know that there are others running into the same problem. im just about done ********ng with this andy guy.
since you are on the other side of the country, have you seen any companies that make custom sub boxes for a supercrew? any help will be appreciated.

thanks for your reply

Old 02-26-2002, 10:52 PM
Believe me, if I knew of a different place to buy a box for my truck (or a Supercrew for that matter), I would have cancelled my subbox.net order long ago. There have been numerous times that I have called and e-mailed them to get info, but they never returned my calls. Recently I got a mass e-mail type message from Andy telling me about their shipping problem. All in all, their customer service bites...

I believe that JL Audio makes a stealthbox for the supercrews now. www.jl audio.com

Old 02-27-2002, 02:29 PM
Talking Actually delighted with subbox.net

Hate to **** in anyone's Cheerios here, but my box actually arrived much faster than I expected. I didn't even use a credit card. Mailed them a money order on a Monday, got the box in 8 days later on a Tuesday. If its taking that long to get your box, demand your S&H charge be waived. Write an e-mail to the BBB. If you start making noise, any retail business will listen or do what they can to get you to shut up.

By the way, when you do finally receive your box, I think you'll be happy with it. Looks solid.

Old 02-27-2002, 07:44 PM
yeah, we don't like you.....j/k
Thanks for the info, kompressor....mercedes owner, I presume???

Old 02-28-2002, 02:06 AM
I finally recieved mine monday, placed the order the 21 of jan. Let me tell you, I made some noise! Mostly it was with their company, but you just have to be persistant. I agree fully, their C.S. sucks, and even he agreed that I had dealt with some bad service, but eventually it was resolved. What worked for me:
Call them first thing in the AM. Andy usually answers the phone directly at 9am (central time), and stops answering it after an hour or so. They do read the e-mails, it just helps that they know who you are, so e-mail frequently if need be.
Eventually, I got the box, it's the wrong color but they rushed it to me to compensate. I can deal with black instead of grey.
For those interested in how it turned out, see new thred...

Old 03-09-2002, 11:58 PM
Maybe it's because I live in Texas, but I got my box in only a few days.

It was worth the wait, even if it were a longer wait.

Old 03-10-2002, 10:48 PM
Hey RM, did you get your moonroof in Houston? Who did it? How much?

Old 03-10-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Kompressor
Hey RM, did you get your moonroof in Houston? Who did it? How much?
I had it installed through the dealer. They had my truck flat-bedded over to a local installer (Stagecoach Customs) who put the roof in by the next day. Cost me $1000, and it was financed and warrantied through Ford Credit. Pricey, but I couldn't imagine my truck without it!

Last edited by RMcoolX; 03-11-2002 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-24-2002, 09:48 PM
Thumbs up Change of Opinion

Well, I was gonna thrash subbox.net for sending me a speaker box six weeks after I ordered it and four weeks after I canceled my order. But I wasn't totally satisfied with my custom box so I figured I try it out before I sent any nasty emails. It turned out that I was pleasantly surprised. The bass was cleaner and didn't rattle the bottom of the truck like the other box was doing. And from the outside you hear it a lot less than my other box.

I suppose that leaves customer service as the only thing to complain about. But I guess if I hadn't received bad service I wouldn't be able to post this message. Oh well...now I just need to find new locations for both my amps.

Subbox.net Dual 12" Downfire
DA Hex components S600s
DA M5 12's
MTX 500d
Eclipse 33240
Pioneer Premier P930 HU and XM tuner

Quick Reply: grrr 'subbox.net' grrrrr