3 Way component placement.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 3 Way component placement.

So, I've been poring through a ton of threads on here and haven't seen too many posts on locations for 3-Way component systems. I am in the beginning stages of overhauling the system in my 2010 super crew. Currently, the plan is to run 2 Alpine PDX-V9 five channel amps, an Alpine Type R 10", a set of Hertz MPK 163.3 components in the front and some old Lanzar Optidrive coaxials in the back. Im keeping the factory deck, and using an Audiocontrol DM810 to send everything to the amps and set up the time alignment on everything. I think I have a pretty good plan to layout the amps and run all my wiring (thanks to this post by Langlowe from a few years back https://www.f150online.com/forums/sp...g-writeup.html), but I'm a bit concerned about were to mount the tweeters and 3" mids. I hope there is enough space in the factory speaker location to squeeze the 6.5s and 3s with a custom adapter, but I have a feeling the window motor will be in the way. My other thought is the triangle panel in the window, but I'm not sure about the vent inside there. If I can't work it out, I guess I'll have to try my hand with fiberglass, but I've never worked with it before. Does anyone on here have any experience squeezing 3-ways into this model truck?

Old 06-15-2018, 07:23 PM
Big,
I am trying to figure out where to place a mid, either a 2.25” or 3.5”, and was wondering what you came up with. Did you find room in the sail panel? I have ruled out the A-pillar because it will create imaging problems with the speaker facing the windshield.
Randy

Old 06-15-2018, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Knebrdr
Big,
I am trying to figure out where to place a mid, either a 2.25” or 3.5”, and was wondering what you came up with. Did you find room in the sail panel? I have ruled out the A-pillar because it will create imaging problems with the speaker facing the windshield.
Randy
Yeah, I was able to fit the mids in the sail panels. I had to remove the duct for the window defoggers though. I wanted to put the tweeters above the mids, but there are plastic clips that hold the panels on that were in the way. I ended up cutting holes for the tweeters just below the line of the sail panels which worked out fine.

Quick Reply: 3 Way component placement.