Rocksford Fosgate

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rocksford Fosgate

Okay need help. What is the difference between the punch series and power series. I listen to mainly all country music. Which would be better for me. Gonna replace the stock oem speakers with these and amp them. Also have a JVC head unit.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:06 AM
I have a 5 channel kenwood amp powering 4 rockford fosgate 5x7 punches in each on of my doors. They were not high dollar speakers but they werent the cheapos either.

I can turn em up as loud as I want to until my ears hurt and they still sound pretty damn good. I honestly think amping your speakers makes the world of a difference and since you plan on doing that you should be happy. I listen to country, rock, rap, and they sound great with them all. I would recommend them.

No experience with the other ones though.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The difference is the the power series is more efficient. It will draw more power than a punch series combined with higher efficiency gives the amp more kick. Unless you are a ground pounding teeth rattling fool the punch series will work perfect and save you money. If you install them yourself there are a few tricks about the CD that set up c.l.e.a.n. that will get even more power while maintaining clarity.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Boss I just installed these. The Rockford Fosgate P1683s they are 6X8 punches and sound good with country music. I typically listen to country or classic rock and they fit the purpose. I didn't amp them. Amazon was cheapest I found talked to local dealer they wanted $100 a set.

Amazon.com : 4) New Rockford Fosgate P1683 6x8" 260 Watt 3 Way Car Coaxial Speakers Audio : Component Vehicle Speaker Systems : Car Electronics Amazon.com : 4) New Rockford Fosgate P1683 6x8" 260 Watt 3 Way Car Coaxial Speakers Audio : Component Vehicle Speaker Systems : Car Electronics

Old 08-22-2014, 04:19 PM
did you have to do any custom fabrication to these speakers? I have a 2010 screw and it says that these speakers will not fit my truck. also how do you think they would handle if you did run them on an amp? I plan on installing a Rockford 1000.5 and want pure power to each speaker so I can get crisp clarity.

Quick Reply: Rocksford Fosgate