Swapping out Sub on Factory Sony System

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swapping out Sub on Factory Sony System

I have done a bunch of research and cant seem to find what I need. I have a 2009 FX4 supercrew and would like to swap out the factory sub for something with a little more kick. I already know what sub and amp I'll get.

What I need help with is finding the easiest way to connect the amp to the sony system to make it all work. What all do I need (parts) and what do I need to do? I'm planning to build my own box and go with either an Alpine 10 or 12 in type R thin line and whatever amp works best for said sub. I just am not sure how to wire up the sub to make it work with the sony system....

I was looking into the Kicker SF150C09 due to ease of install but I guess that doesnt work with the 09-10 model years with the sony system.

Thank you for any help and input you can give me.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Crutchfield should be able to help...they are usually right on the money!

Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 PM
I spoke with Crutchfield and they said that I "may need an upgraded line output converter that can handle more power and regulate the signal going into the amp properly"

To wire an amp up I need to "just find some speaker wire, tap into it with that (Converter) and it will turn the signal into a low-level signal and you'll use RCA to hook into the amp. That's only for signal. You'll still have to run power to the battery, and ground to bare metal."

So sounds like all I need is a coverter and 4 gauge wiring kit. Does anyone have any input on this?

Old 09-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Sounds about right, a line out converter and a quality 4 gauge wiring kit should include all you need. You may want to pick up another fuse depending on what's included with the kit so you can match it to your amp.

Quick Reply: Swapping out Sub on Factory Sony System