Door speaker terminals got wet?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door speaker terminals got wet?!?!

Lost my front left door speaker and took doorpanel off to inspect and found the terminals wet?? Sooo, is this another thing ford will tell me is "normal"?

Ill get another set of kappas, but how can i keep this from happening again?

Id also like to add.......i just did this install with infinity kappas in the doors and h avent amped them yet.......reason being, you cant just run wires thru the rubber boot on a 2010, its a plug in harness......do i just need to bite the bullet and drill holes with grommets and make some sort of boot between the door and the body of the truck?

Last edited by Blaque; 06-14-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Not sure about the water in the door. I have been told that it is normal to have a little water in the door sometimes but it should not be leaking. Maybe someone could hose the outside down while you sit in the truck, with the panel off and inspect for leaks.

You could also get some speaker baffles and cut them to cover the top half of the speaker. That should keep the water off of them.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YRPGc2o...e-3-depth.html

The kappas should not require too much power, so I think you could get away with tapping your amp wires into the existing factory speaker wire. That way you don't have to drill any holes. I could be wrong but have seen it done this way.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by ErikShockey
Not sure about the water in the door. I have been told that it is normal to have a little water in the door sometimes but it should not be leaking. Maybe someone could hose the outside down while you sit in the truck, with the panel off and inspect for leaks

x2

Old 06-18-2012, 06:59 AM
I had a similar issue - my speaker was cutting out and I was convinced it was loose wiring from my DIY install but after a little inspection I noticed water in my plugs from my speaker (the adapters that plug into the OEM stuff). I dried them out and adjusted them so they would not "catch" any water if it got wet again and so far so good.

Good Luck!
FB

Old 06-18-2012, 02:10 PM
thanks guys, ill look into your replies

Quick Reply: Door speaker terminals got wet?!?!