How do I add a sub box and amp to my stock system?Its a 2002 Screw.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I add a sub box and amp to my stock system?Its a 2002 Screw.

I would like to add a sub box and amp to my stock system,is this possible?What are my options for a box under the rear seat.Is there a wiring harness to plug into my stock radio to give me rca cables?

Old 10-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Best thing to do is get an aftermarket radio such as a pioneer 3200ub or something of the sort that has sub level control and graphic eq. I have a 2001 and have a box that fits right under the back seat with the seat brackets removed. It fires down and has 1.5 inches clearance all the way around the bottom of the box. I wanted a bigger cubic ft box so I made it so that it would fit nicely under the seat with the brackets removed, and the box has 3/4th mdf with bracing so the weight of the seat doesnt hurt it. My amp is between the back seat and the back wall and it has dual fans so that it gets a good amount of air and it has yet to run hot (its a class A/B) a class D would be least likely to get hot and would run more efficiently.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:43 AM
I understand and agree that a new head unit would be easiest,but I want to keep the stock appeaing cd player.I am going with a q-logic box,but dont want to use speaker wires to connect the head unit to the and,I have done it before and had horrible noise and whine.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:01 PM
you could get a stereo expansion controller that would possibly allow you to do that without using speaker wire but most amps come with the signal sensing wires and the speaker wire inputs so it could should sound okay with speaker wire if the wire is quality wire.

Quick Reply: How do I add a sub box and amp to my stock system?Its a 2002 Screw.