Speaker Upgrade Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Upgrade Assistance

I am debating what upgrades to do with my current 2010 SCrew. I am going to be doing this 1 step at a time starting with speakers. I may or may not add Subs/AMP depending on my satisfaction of the upgrades. My primary question is this: I am considering the Infinity Kappas and want to know if it is preferred to use Components in the Front and Back or just the Front with NON Components in the rear? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Cost is not the primary factor between these two speakers, just performance.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Unless you or someone else is going to sitting in the back 90% of the time or more listening to the speakers then you don't need to put comps back there, just some coaxials or triaxials will be just fine. All you need is rear fill to balance out the sound.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Personally, I would take the money from the rear speakers and buy an amp to put on the fronts. Also, while some like the Infinity speakers, I think that the Pioneer set is a better choice: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...TS-D1720C.html

Either way, more power is going to give you better sound. Simply leave the stock speakers in the rear, fade to 75% + front, and very little in the rear.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the info, I decided to do the most simple install and bought the Kappas, component front and coax rear. I think I read good reviews on the Pioneers too.

Quick Reply: Speaker Upgrade Assistance