'10 Front door speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Front door speaker replacement

Hello,
Have a '10 Platinum w/Sony navigation radio. Used the instructions from IBCop to try to get the speakers out but couldn't get to the screw behind the door release. Black panel doesn't seem to want to come out. Any further suggestions/advice? Also was told that the 010 Sony speakers are 4 wire (similar to a Bose system) and you cannot install aftermarket speakers. Has anyone replaced the speakers on this model year and Sony system and do you have any input into this info. Please help. Gotta get some infinitys in those doors!!!

Last edited by TDM 6; 05-18-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Misspelled words
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I used a L shaped allen wrench to pop that panel out. It's in there pretty tight but they're just straight tabs so it will come out.
Just pull the handle out and use something hooked to get behind the panel and pop it out.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Ok...yea I "made" a little flat pry bar to get it off and it worked fine. The speakers in mine are only 2 wires so new Infinitys are on the way. Interesting since I got the info from the audio guy at a local Arizona ford dealer. He also told me there was no second usb??? Oh well thank goodness for F150online and all its members!!!

Quick Reply: '10 Front door speaker replacement