System almost finished (With pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile System almost finished (With pictures)

Here is my 12" Alpine type R sub running on a one channel 500watt rms Alpine amp with a Clarion touch screen Headunit.

The Box sitting on the middle of the rear seat

The 3 ring 1/8inch cable you need to play video through your Zune or ipod into The unit ($15)

playing video through the zune

Watching south park

Radio

I put wood dowels with wood glue through the face panel. I also used 3/4 MDF

The box is 14" wide, the bottom is 15" deep and the top 13 inches deep so it has a bit of a wedge shape to it and makes the sub fire on a slight upward angle

Amp underneath front passenger seat

Things I have left to do:

-Round the edges of the box
-Design some sort of loops on the back of the box that I can pass the center seat belt through to secure the box
-Find a professional who can carpet it
-Ground the parking brake wire and put a switch on it so the video can play will driving

Old 03-01-2010, 01:55 AM
looks nice man. Word of advice. Put the box where the little seat is all the way to the right. Just flip the seat up and set it on the floor. Now if you want it to get even louder. Find 2 pieces of wood and set them on the floor. Then put the box upside down onto the pieces of wood so that it down fires. Then report back and tell me how it sounds. I have the same setup in my truck except I have a ported box and when it downfires, it is just so much nicer.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I will try that, I also have to tune the amp and stuff with that Bass CD. Sounds really really good with everything on factory setting though. So I'm excited to hear it tuned. Its bad though now i have the itch to get some Door speakers Maybe the coax Alpine type R. Expensive but really good reviews on them. I'm trying to go with some of the nicer stuff off the bat rather than keep upgrading my system cause I'm not satisfied. Not saying this stuff is top of the line but its still good ****. Alpine type R stuff is good enough for me, dont need to go to the type X stuff or even their component stuff for door speakers.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Carpeting isnt hard. Ive found auto carpet at walmart for like 8$ then there are videos online for instructions.

Quick Reply: System almost finished (With pictures)