How bad is it??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How bad is it??

Here's what happened, I've installed a pioneer HU, Infinity front door speakers as well as Audiobohn rear door speakers with an Alpine 4ch amp for the door speakers and a mono pioneer for my pioneer subs I forgot to mentioned that I also installed. I've been doing some research and thought that I had installed everything correctly but couldn't remember what wires couldn't be ran together and I now know that it's the power and rca's which I messed up and ran one of the two sets of rca's with the main power cable and when I went to turn the system on only the front doors worked but I could tell that they were not being powered by the amp and then boom eveything went out no sound at all!! Not sure what happened I re-routed my rca's to the opposite side of my truck (which by the way is a 2004 F-150 supercab) and still nothing.

I'm stumed!!

I checked all fuses and they are all good, I'm looking for advise as to where else to look anything will help thanks

Old 01-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What gauge power and ground wire are you running to each amp ? How are you distibuting the power wire to each amp? Running the Rca's next to the power wire doesn't have any affect on your speakers not having sound , it could however let unwanted noise into your system . You need to give more details of how you wired your amplifiers and such , before we can help you figure it out .

Old 01-24-2010, 02:28 PM
I've got a 4 gauge coming off the battery to the distribution block if you will and 8 guage power cable coming from there, one running to the one amp and another running to the other. I've got each amp on their own ground and they are 8 gauge as well. any thoughts??

Old 01-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Do the amps turn on?

You make no mention of how your speakers are connected to the amp. Did run speaker wire to them?

Old 01-24-2010, 05:27 PM
How did you check the fuses? did you just look at them? or did you test them with a meter?

Old 01-24-2010, 05:57 PM
yes the amps turn on I physically pulled them out and checked them, so I some how got the front door speakers to work but I actually posted another thread on Audiobohn 6x9's as they are in my rear doors and they have two spots for wire hook ups and I've tried them both and I can hear sound but I have to have the speakers up to my ear to hear them. not sure what to do there any ideas? also my subs kind of having the same issue some bumps but very very minimal have to have my ear up to them to feel or hear them?????

Old 01-24-2010, 06:04 PM
How are you connecting your amp to your door speakers?

FYI, 6x9 is not the correct size speaker for the truck.

To be honest, it sounds like you may need to take your truck to a professional.

Trending Topics

Old 01-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by jguy79
I've got a 4 gauge coming off the battery to the distribution block if you will and 8 guage power cable coming from there, one running to the one amp and another running to the other. I've got each amp on their own ground and they are 8 gauge as well. any thoughts??

Make sure both amps are grounded at the same location . And yes , tell us how you wired your speakers and if the amps turn on .

Old 01-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by jguy79
yes the amps turn on I physically pulled them out and checked them, so I some how got the front door speakers to work but I actually posted another thread on Audiobohn 6x9's as they are in my rear doors and they have two spots for wire hook ups and I've tried them both and I can hear sound but I have to have the speakers up to my ear to hear them. not sure what to do there any ideas? also my subs kind of having the same issue some bumps but very very minimal have to have my ear up to them to feel or hear them?????
Are you using the factory speaker wires , or did you run all new speaker wires? Most amps have a light to show you that they are on , why would you need to pull the amps out ?

Old 01-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
How are you connecting your amp to your door speakers?

FYI, 6x9 is not the correct size speaker for the truck.

To be honest, it sounds like you may need to take your truck to a professional.
I second this, if I was you I would take it to someone. If your amps are turning on it seems like you blew a fuse, but you checked them. Have you tried actually buying new fuses and putting them in there? Also on the Amp is the power all the way down or up?

Old 01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
I didn't pull the amps out "1bad" I pulled the fuses out to check them.

Also I ran new wire from the rear speakers to the amp and new wire from the amp to the HU where I then connected the factory wire from the front door speakers to the new wires from the amp if that makes sense. The reason for this is I couldn't run wires through the boot to the HU and I didn't want to drill any holes so I just used part factory wire and part new wire.

I haven't replaced any fuses yet, the amps both do turn on but one thing I don't have are the grounds to the same place would that make a big difference?

Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I would try putting both grounds in the same place but I don't its going to make a huge difference.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Did you mix up the - and the + of your speaker wire? Hook them up backwards?

Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by One Shot Luni
Even if he did theyd still be loud, just out of phase. Some people can here the difference, some cant. For me, gives me one helluva headache.

Also, I dont think having the amps grounded at the same spot versus two different is going to make any change.

Did you buy your equipment new in box? Or used?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by One Shot Luni
Yea even if he had wired it wrong, all it would do is run backwards and sound strange.

Quick Reply: How bad is it??