Herculining Interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Herculining Interior

I laid down edead in my truck (with patman) around 3 years ago. We did two layers on the floor and back wall. I have been throwing around the idea of pulling out all of the edead and recovering it with herculiner. How much of a difference is there really between a bed liner product like Herculiner and the e-dead (v4 I think I cant remember). Wouldn't it pretty much do the same thing? I wanted to implement it into my truck and make it to where I can rip out my carpet too as needed. It would provide easy access for wiring and cleaning purposes. It should dramatically cut down on road noise too. I know the compound is a little bit different but wouldn't it accomplish just about the same thing? Are there any cons to doing this. I already have great stuff in my a/b/c pillars. The only thing that lacks mat is the doors and the roof. I want to spray everything! I will probably use the v4 on the doors though. So I am looking at doing the roof, floor, back wall, bed(blow thru-application), and possibly the doors. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would use Damplifier Pro for vibration dampening and then a layer of Luxury Liner Pro for sound absorption. It will be so friggin quiet, trust me. Much better than edead. I don't know why you would spray bedliner inside, I dont think it would be as effective as a proper vibration dampener. If you are set on the bed liner though, maybe look at SecondSkin's DIY bedliner. Its a spray-on designed for dampening.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my buddy did the roll on herculiner inside his jeep, and thats all he had on it cuz he did a lot of offroading. even thought it was quieter than not having anything in it, it was still loud, and not as quiet as the stock carpet.

Quick Reply: Herculining Interior