07 Navigator with THX

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 07 Navigator with THX

Hey guys/gals i currently have an 07 navigator with the Navigation and THX sound system. I also have a set of front and rear Pioneer TS-A6881R 6"x8" 4-way Speakers. Is it worth it to use these over the factory speakers? I already removed the door panels and the speakers don't look like anything special for a THX sound system. So basically would it be an upgrade or a wash if i stall those pioneer speakers. I had them in my 05 f150 and they were a huge improvement, but the factory speakers that came with that truck were pretty bad.
Any advice would be cool!
Thanks!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Factory speakers are factory speakers man, no matter whose name is on them. The new Sony's in the fords are the first ive seen that werent paper cones. If youve already got the pannels off, why not throw them in and see how they sound?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Navigator speakers

Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
Factory speakers are factory speakers man, no matter whose name is on them. The new Sony's in the fords are the first ive seen that werent paper cones. If youve already got the pannels off, why not throw them in and see how they sound?
Good point...the only concern is the front speakers that seem to be a parallel connection to the smaller speakers by the rear view mirrors. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Its just funy that its "TXH" certified, but again, the speakers don't seem like anything special. thanks for the advice!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Speakers

Nevermind...i'm an idiot.....lol

I put the Pioneers in and took all of about 30 minutes for all 4 doors. I guess i expected ford to actually put decent speakers in a "THX" sound system....that was dumb thinking on my part. Of course the Head unit now is the weak point, but i'm not going to go change that out.

Again, I'm DUM....lol

Old 08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by MM25FTX
Good point...the only concern is the front speakers that seem to be a parallel connection to the smaller speakers by the rear view mirrors. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Its just funy that its "TXH" certified, but again, the speakers don't seem like anything special. thanks for the advice!
The THX certificate covers such a broad range of audio equipment products that it's meant to be very easy for some item to get certified. I heard some THX speakers for a pc once and they sounded awful. But i have heard some THX High end home audio speakers and they sounded unreal. The name just get thrown around these days and means nothing.

Quick Reply: 07 Navigator with THX