Double DIN reciever?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Double DIN reciever?

I asked if circut city could install a double DIN reciever and they said they cant mount it....but a local audio store could....whats up with that? I want to go through circut city cause i have a friend who works there so i can get 50% off all audio and dirt cheap install

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Things to come:4.10 gears, Grill
ilmagill@aol.com For Pictures :
www.geocities.com/ilmagill

Old 06-12-2001, 10:49 PM
The dash openings in our trucks, although they look big, are not double din. In order to install a double din reciever, you must do some cutting. Circuit City probably doesn't want to do that much of a modification. A local stereo shop should be able to do the work, but it might cost you.

------------------
1998 F150 S/C
4.6 V8
Flowmaster 40 muffler
Sony CDX-C7850 CD Player
2 12" DEI Competition subs
DEI 1100D amp
4 kicker Impulse 5x7
Legacy LA360 amp
Expy console

SOON TO COME!!
Sony XE-744 Equalizer

Old 06-13-2001, 09:22 AM
You got a couple of choices, but Sandman_A_C is right. It's not to say the CC can't do it, they probably have some who can, but I don't think that they are allowed.

You could always buy the radio through him and install it yourself. All you need is the correct wiring harness and a little patience.

Or you could buy it through him, and bite the bullet and have a real shop install it for you. My audio guys understand that if I know what I want and can get it much cheaper then they could do for me, then I go there.

Old 06-19-2001, 03:41 PM
Wink

Your stock factory stereo opening is a DIN and a half. Standard HU and EQ or crossover control fit nicely.

------------------
www.f150world.com/HouScrew
Truck Specifications: 2001 Ford F150 4X4 Lariat SuperCrew (Gen.I) Amazon Green w/Harvest Gold Trim, 5.4L V-8, HD Tow Package, Bed Extender, Moon roof, Captains Chairs(front only), full leather interior as well as standard features in Lariat package.

List of current modifications so far: Stagecoach bug guard,
Billit Grill,
Westin chrome nerf bars, front windows tinted, wood grain kit, AudioVox 6.5" flipdown TV and VCP(DVD soon to come), Sony M610 flipdown head unit, Code SureStart Remote Start and Alarm system.

Waiting to be installed: Sony 10 disc changer, AudioBahn 5 1/4 component system front and rear, 3 AudioBahn 8" subs, 2 AudioBahn Amps

Future Modifications: AirForce One FIPK, Chip enhancement(don't know which one yet), spray in bed liner, bed cover, dual exhaust sytem

Quick Reply: Double DIN reciever?