Help with the rear door

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help with the rear door

Can anyone point me in the right direction of instructions to take the panels of the rear door of a 97 XLT SuperCab. I installed some components in the front doors but I don't know where to start on the rear door and the Drivers rear side. I'll appreciate any info you can offer.

thanks...

Old 12-31-2000, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 3rd door panels are pretty easy. Just remove the screws that attach the window closer, pop the molding off the top (its held on with little clips that just turn loose when pried on a little) , remove the exposed nuts/screws and then just lift the panel upwards. The other side is real trouble and will take a while. First remove the seat (bottom and rear) and the brackets. Then it is a progression through the window holder, seatbelt, etc. Be aware that there are small round type pop out holders in some places that you will encounter. These look like buttons. Push the center in slightly (until you feel a detent) and it will come loose. Watch out for these as they will fly apart as you pop the panels loose.
You will find you will be limited as to how much speaker will fit in the rear drivers side. I was able to modify mine for a 6" but sealing this area is gonna be difficult.

Patience is a virtue with all this but it will give you a perfect opportunity to run wiring for amps or sub under the rear seat. Take your time and it will go pretty well...Good Luck.....

------------------
Very Bright RED '97 F150XLT, SC, flareside,4x2,ARE lid, tints, 4x4 front bumper w/fogs, Hyper Headlights, shield, 2" rear drop, Monroe gas-shocks, slash duals, K&N, Pirelli S/T Scorpions, Viper alarm, Clarion, Fosgate, Soundstream and more....

Quick Reply: Help with the rear door