Stock speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock speakers

Yesterday I was doing some mirror repairs on my 07 supercrew. While taking the door panel off I noticed the factory speakers appeared to fairly basic. I thought they sounded ok, but now I'm wondering about replacing them. Would I noticed a good sound difference by replacing them with some Sony's, Pioneers, etc....

Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
If you have a factory H/U and Audiophile..... No. Your Audiophile H/U has a factory low pass crossover built in, and it is made specifically for the output frequency for those speakers. I thought this exact same thing, so I replaced mine with some Polk DB571's (Which I highly recommend) and they actually sounded worse. The bottom line is that if you have a factory Audiophile H/U you will be dissapointed. It made a huge difference as soon as I got a better H/U. If yours is not an Audiophile, then you will have to rely on someone that does not have an Audiophile setup. I have no experience with a standard setup.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Sony and Pioneer front stage would not be an upgrade IMO. I paid around 80 bucks a pair for my Polk DB571's.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:07 PM
if they sound good to you why change them? I use the oem ford 5x7 plate speakers that have the tweeter and 5" woofer because they sound good once you throw them behind some eq to bring the high end down. if it aint broke why fix it

Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 PM
weird, i would have never taken you to actually like a set of factory speakers... cool i guess. I have a set of those speakers sitting in the closet, interested? Like 20 bucks or something.

Also, haven't been on it a looong time, ever get your 8's sounding right?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Proto
weird, i would have never taken you to actually like a set of factory speakers... cool i guess. I have a set of those speakers sitting in the closet, interested? Like 20 bucks or something.

Also, haven't been on it a looong time, ever get your 8's sounding right?
the 8's are awesome, plenty of punch and enuff low end dig to keep me happy. those little 5x7 plate speakers are actually halfway decent specially if your not using an amp and running things off a hu. the only thing I needed to do is eq out a little bit of the high end around 10K and pull out some mids between 500-1K they arn't perfect but for what they cost you can't go wrong. I have a set of pehonix gold rsd's and an audison amp for my front stage but I won't bother installing them until I get a rf 3sixty.2

Quick Reply: Stock speakers