Info on the JL TW5 (Slim)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on the JL TW5 (Slim)

So i have two 10" Kicker Comps and am totally tired of them. Am looking for some more power and bass. So went to the local shop today and he was telling me about these subs by JL and was wondering if anybody had any experience or info on them thanks. Or any other ideas to get my truck rattling and heard banging down the streets.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Umm they are nuts. Very nice woofer and stupid thin to the point of redefining the shallow category...

Old 01-14-2009, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Umm they are nuts. Very nice woofer and stupid thin to the point of redefining the shallow category...
Low would it be possible to mount them on the back wall in a custom box?

Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Actually, it may very well be possible to do that.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by HURRICANE_ZC
So i have two 10" Kicker Comps and am totally tired of them. Am looking for some more power and bass. So went to the local shop today and he was telling me about these subs by JL and was wondering if anybody had any experience or info on them thanks. Or any other ideas to get my truck rattling and heard banging down the streets.
Can I see a pic of your box. I am currently looking for a box to fit my truck.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by weazel
Low would it be possible to mount them on the back wall in a custom box?
They will slap the back of the seat unless you make grille's for them. When you consider that they need .8 cu ft each, and that you only have about 3.5" to work with back there, fitting more then 1 is out of the question.

Originally Posted by HURRICANE_ZC
Or any other ideas to get my truck rattling and heard banging down the streets.
lose the backseat, 2x15"s ported. You''ll be louder than anybody at your high school.

Last edited by mSaLL150; 01-14-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Well I don't have a picture of the box, but all i know about the box is that it was a pre fab box made for the f150 that they had at the store. And I know they will fit under the seat the guys told me they would build a box for them to fit but i was just wondering if anyone had heard them or read some reviews. They specs seem to sounds good but just don't really know what to think yet

Trending Topics

Old 01-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
They will slap the back of the seat unless you make grille's for them. When you consider that they need .8 cu ft each, and that you only have about 3.5" to work with back there, fitting more then 1 is out of the question.

lose the backseat, 2x15"s ported. You''ll be louder than anybody at your high school.
while that is true, i have come to the conclusion that your are very negative towards anyone who likes brain shakin bass, if thats what he wants then so be it, no reason to start insulting people

Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by abervintageman4
while that is true, i have come to the conclusion that your are very negative towards anyone who likes brain shakin bass, if thats what he wants then so be it, no reason to start insulting people
Not at all, i myself need a new substage since my 2 10s cannot keep up with my front stage at all.

But what gets me is when people come in saying their 2 sealed subs aren't doing it, and they think continuing to have 2 sealed subs under the backseat w/o a seat lift is going to really shake chit and make a huge difference...cause its not. If you want to be loud, do something out of the ordinary. Hence why i always recommend that to bassheads like you guys (again, nothing wrong with being that way...i used to be like that at one point too). So you are right, "if he wants to be that way so be it"....and i agree...I'm just trying to help him achieve his goal.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Ive got a guy I know that mounted 2 TW5's behind the seat of a Explorer Sporttrac. So, I wouldnt doubt it would be possible. And unless that woofer gets 1.5" excursion, your probably okay.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Not at all, i myself need a new substage since my 2 10s cannot keep up with my front stage at all.

But what gets me is when people come in saying their 2 sealed subs aren't doing it, and they think continuing to have 2 sealed subs under the backseat w/o a seat lift is going to really shake chit and make a huge difference...cause its not. If you want to be loud, do something out of the ordinary. Hence why i always recommend that to bassheads like you guys (again, nothing wrong with being that way...i used to be like that at one point too). So you are right, "if he wants to be that way so be it"....and i agree...I'm just trying to help him achieve his goal.
i apologize, i respect you for having the knowledge that you have in this topic, i have moved on to insulting other people( red4x4)

Old 01-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JL nothin else

JL audio is the best sub company in my opinion and most people to. while JL is expensive you do get what you pay for. they will sound 100% better then those kickers and sound much cleaner. if not those subs i would still go with JL hands down.

info on the sub.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13613TW...rch=tw5&tp=111

Old 01-15-2009, 11:00 PM
The most intelligent post I've ever read.

Ever.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 AM
x2!...

Old 01-19-2009, 03:56 AM
interesting..anybody have a link to a box to match the TW5?

Quick Reply: Info on the JL TW5 (Slim)