jl xr570 csi vs polk mm6501

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jl xr570 csi vs polk mm6501

has anyone listened to or have owned both of these speaker sets and can compare the sq and the durability of them? thank you for any answers

Old 12-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by jrfonte
has anyone listened to or have owned both of these speaker sets and can compare the sq and the durability of them? thank you for any answers
Havent heard the new version of the Polk MMs, but Ive heard the old Momos and the JLs, and my bet is that the Polks will sound alot warmer than the JLs will, and I think (dont quote me on this) that they have a bit higher power handling. Polk speakers in general tend to take quite a bit of abuse.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 PM
thank you hen yes they handle a bit more power 55wrms more i was just curious because ive never had a set that used the neodimium magnents for the mid well except for some ma audio 5x7 slims that i bought once but they sucked

Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by jrfonte
thank you hen yes they handle a bit more power 55wrms more i was just curious because ive never had a set that used the neodimium magnents for the mid well except for some ma audio 5x7 slims that i bought once but they sucked
Yep I thought they are still using the neo mag. Sounds fine in my 5x7 coaxes, and it has pretty good motor strength in a smaller package than a standard mag. The magnet material really doesnt matter - more of the overall quality of the speaker. The magnet isnt making the music

Old 01-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

If you continue to clip the crap out of them, it wont matter which speakers you use.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I loved my old JL 5x7's, the tweet on them is rather nice for an alum dome. A stronger mid wouldve been nice, but overall not a bad setup at 75+. WAIT, I still have them

Plk MM's, I havent gotten the chance to hear yet. But if Mr. Polk (and dei...) hasnt changed from his normal game plan, they will take a good bit of power 100+, and tweets will be a bit brighter and more in your face but the mids will keep up.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
If you continue to clip the crap out of them, it wont matter which speakers you use.
my amps arent clipping my speakers. this isnt my first time around i know how to set my **** up. i asked for any answers on the comparising of the speakers not your 2c on my amps clipping when you have no idea.

Trending Topics

Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by hen23
Yep I thought they are still using the neo mag. Sounds fine in my 5x7 coaxes, and it has pretty good motor strength in a smaller package than a standard mag. The magnet material really doesnt matter - more of the overall quality of the speaker. The magnet isnt making the music
i know that the mag doesnt make the music its just the motor structure used to control the voice coil bobbin. i guess i asked or stated the wrong thing there when i already knew. just a a bit different from the norm of most others using iron ferrite. i was just curious of the quality of polk speakers really never heard or owned them. dont want to have a 160$ set of paper weights laying around.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:19 PM

jrfronte,

I got a set of the Polk MM6501's for Christmas and am going to install them this week. Using a Polk C300.2 to power them. After the install I hope to be able to tell you they are awesome. I had the original Polk MOMO's MM465 and they were awesome. Hope for the same here. Did you say you got your MM6501's for $160? That seems like an incredible price for component speakers. Normally their DB series goes for a price like that. Where did you find them?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by russ10screw
jrfronte,

I got a set of the Polk MM6501's for Christmas and am going to install them this week. Using a Polk C300.2 to power them. After the install I hope to be able to tell you they are awesome. I had the original Polk MOMO's MM465 and they were awesome. Hope for the same here. Did you say you got your MM6501's for $160? That seems like an incredible price for component speakers. Normally their DB series goes for a price like that. Where did you find them?
i havent bought them yet wanted to know a little about them first but yes 168 a set
http://www.bargainunlimited.net/serv...-6.5%22/Detail
off that site the cheapest one i could find the other one was sonicelectronix.com for 200 a set most places selll them for 3 something. lett me know what yo uthink of thm when you get them in

Quick Reply: jl xr570 csi vs polk mm6501