Help me, I'm a newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me, I'm a newbie!

lol.. okay seriously.. I can admit when I don't know left from right, and when it comes to car audio, (or truck audio) I really don't know much.

Well, I've been browsing around and seen some pretty impressive mods to our trucks here for upgrading the sound system, but where do I even begin to learn this stuff? Not that I plan on building my own box and stuff, but what would be a good upgrade to the stock audiophile system? Money isn't really an issue, but let's be realistic with a $2500 price tag? Mind you, I wouldn't be installing it myself, so labor would have to be added in the costs. So have at it, what kind of setup could I get for the price?

Another question that's a bit off topic. I have a 2006 Honda Civic EX coupe that my wife drives, and it seems like the rear speakers might be blown, or somethin weird is goin on back there. The Civic EX comes with a 350 watt "premium audio" (lol) sound system 6 speakers, and 1 rear center sub. The rear end rattles annoyingly when the bass starts to hit on higher volumes. I'm not sure if it's a blown speaker because I can still hear from all 3 rear speakers (2 speaker/1 sub), except it vibrates and humms at higher volumes. I don't know when this started happening, but it sounds god awful. What can I do to properly diagnose the problem? Are the speakers just loose, and rattling? lol.. I have no idea.. If I did have to replace 1 or 2, or whatever speaker is being stupid, how much should I spend towards getting them fixed/replaced? I'm not looking to jam out in this car, just be able to peacefully listen to my music at higher volumes and I'd really not spend more than lets say $150 for the car speaker if it's multiple speakers, then more obviously, but where do I start to figure out whats wrong?.. lol

Once again, I apologize for having such a beautiful truck and knowing so little about audiosystems.. lol

Old 09-11-2008, 12:32 AM
What kind of music do you listen too... what are you wanting to get out of the setup...a ton of volume, very high quality, somewhere in the middle? Are you wanting to change the radio and lose the 6 disc..(i recommend doing), are you interested in Navigation, Just a DVD screen, or a cd player.... How loud do you play your music...or how loud will you want to.... just give me a little more info on what you want, it makes a huge difference on the brands and on the money.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by zeruin

Damn bro, thats nice. Just paint the plastic and enjoy trying to keep me away from the tailpipe...

Quick Reply: Help me, I'm a newbie!