What should I do about this box?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I do about this box?

I just bought a pair of JL 10w1v2 and they were already in a probox but the box is for an 04+ Supercab. I have a regular cab and I know there is a specific box for it but would I be fine using this one and just find a way to keep it from sliding around or should I just sell it and get the one specific for my regular cab?

Old 09-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you dont feel like messing around with getting rid of that box and buying a new one and what not, or mind that it doesnt fit perfect (if it fits at all), then there is no reason to swap boxes. If it works for you, then you might as well just keep it.

Now, if the recommended airspace for the subs is way off with the Scab box, and the reg. cab box might get you closer, then maybe it might be worth switching, or building a new one...

Old 09-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to look up the airspace specs then. The box fits back there but the seatbelt thing that extends to the floor keeps it from sitting all the way back. I went to probox's website but they don't list a price for the regular cab box. I'll just go to the local stereo place and see how much they want for one if I decide to get rid of the scab box.

Quick Reply: What should I do about this box?