Tweeter question!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tweeter question!

i already have 2 memphis 12's in my truck, but i kept my stock stereo and stock door speakers like i want, but i'm wantng to add more voice aka tweeters. first i want to know how they mount in a 2004-2008 f150, i know there's a hole already in my door panel, but how do they mount? i don't see on any tweeters... mounting brackets to screw them in like the other speakers. how do they mount? and my other question is does anyone have any suggestion for what tweeters to get? i want them to sound good but not scream in my ears so that i can't turn my stereo all the way up, i just want to add a cleaner sound, and louder voice without being too much! please post picks if u have them. TY

i want to keep my stock speakers unless thats now worth doing, bc if i replace the front i want to eplace all four, and tht will get pricey!

Last edited by gtavc87; 08-19-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: REVISE
Old 08-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Tweeters mount with a bracket that you screw on from behind the door panel.

I would recommend a 6.5" or 5x7 component set with a small aftermarket amplifier. This will get you new midbass drivers, new tweeters, and cleaner power to get rid of the harshness from the stock tweeters/radio.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:31 PM
no need to replace all 4

but deffinatly get a set of component 6.5 or 5x7 or even 5.25(which i have) and amp them. if your not amping them dont bother at all, you would most likely blow them. as for mounting, that hole is too small for most tweeters and needs to be opened up, i just cut it so that they barely fit in, so that way you just push them in and thats it

Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 AM
vocals are lower than the frequency range of most tweeters. start by upgrading the headunit and see if that gives you the power your looking for.

Quick Reply: Tweeter question!