Rear Seat Risers

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by efuehrin
I just saw what u said about keeping the stock bolts. I don't think u will be able to use the stock bolts you would have to buy some longer ones.
Well, see, the bolts stick out like 1" under the seat, so I figured I could get a little bit of a spacer to a.) give me more clearance, and b.) effectively, shorten the bolts from sticking out so far under the seat.

I haven't taken a REAL close look at this yet, but I think the bolts are kind of welded to the seat... so "getting longer ones" isn't as simple as just swapping bolts. But I could be wrong; it has happened once or twice in my life. But since I'm 21, I'm almost never wrong. Fact of life.

Also, you'd be surprised how far a little leverage will go. You think about a screwdriver or a socketdriver, you aren't adding THAT much to the turning diameter, yet if you've ever tried tightening a screw/bolt by hand, and then finished tightening it with a screw/socketdriver, you can tighten it so much more. Anyway. You are right. I don't like to think that shearing a bolt would be an issue, but... constant vigilance. The last thing I want is a passenger through my windshield; windshields are expensive to replace.

Last edited by GrifN; 03-27-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

you must have a different set up than me. i put the spacers under the legs that go from the bottom of the seat to the floor board. the bolts go down from the top into bolts welded into the floor board. I have a crew cab it may be different.

Sorry I didn't know you were 21. If i would have known that I would have known you were right all along. I was always right too when I was 21.

See I'm 30 so i realize i screw up sometime.

I see what your saying about leverage but trust me man, if your seat bolts sheer in a crash.....everyone in the truck will be long gone before the sheered bolts cause problems.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by efuehrin
you must have a different set up than me. i put the spacers under the legs that go from the bottom of the seat to the floor board. the bolts go down from the top into bolts welded into the floor board. I have a crew cab it may be different.
Wow. You old fogies know a thing or two! . I didn't think to add the space at the floor -- I was thinking to add it between the seat and the seat legs (if that's what you want to call it). I didn't even think to put the spacer between the legs and the floor. You are a genius.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

(In Grandpa voice)....Sonney...If kids these day's would just listen to their elders more the world would be a lot better off! Why back in my time we didn't even have back seats in our trucks to worry about..!

Old Fogey???? Go fetch me a switch....I outght to take you behind the shed and teach you to respect your elders...

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Risers