Well Chit...now what.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Well Chit...now what.

So heres the dealio. You guys remember that box that I built for my 2 Mags? Well, its dead. Gave it to a buddy who is a body man to make it all pretty and he ended up forgetting to do something before he sprayed it and made the box swell up like a tampon I guess.
So here I am with nothing again.

Im thinking of maybe going a different route...Right now I have one of the Mags in the truck in just a little rectangle box I made, and one is NOT doing it for me...so just keeping it the way it is is out of the question.

Im really not to stoked about making another box from scratch (have no dimesions from the old one) that takes up every inch of space I have again, but I do miss having both Mags in there.

Kind of thinking about ditching the Mags for something that can take up less space, but still knock my socks off. And something that I dont have to get too involved in to make work since, at the moment, Im not in the mood for that, nor do I have the time.

Considered buying a dual 12 box, but cant find one that has the airspace or mounting depth I need...

I spose the easiest and cheapest route would be to just make another box like the previous one, but I do kind of like the space I have without it in there.

So does anyone have some stellar ideaizzles?? Or who wants to be cool and make a box for my lazy ****?

Cant decide if I should go a different route with this, stay the same, or what to do...

Old 11-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ditch the rear seat wall 4 18's and a big port

Old 11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
ditto, grow a pair. J/K. Maybe a nice console if you dont have the integrated console in yours, and port the two mags.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

yes, port them

and go kick your buddy's @ss real good

Old 11-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Well if at worst. I have to make a box for another member on here. Same truck... I could make two...

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
yes, port them

and go kick your buddy's @ss real good
Ya the ported isnt really great for SQ. Itll work in a pinch but the better option would be the sealed.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I have a regular cab guys Hardly room for the two 12s, let alone 4 18s . Def. not going ported, not really my style.

Low E Red.....whats this box like that your making?

Old 11-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What you mean, they will fit.....

Old 11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had to do it....

I guess you could do 2 SI BM 12 in a sealed box, but after the Mags, are you really going to be happy with anything else??

I second beating the painter... I can't think of anything you would prime or paint it with thats water based enough to swell it up, did he dip the whole box in a 55 Gal drum of paint...

Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Does this qualify for the Audio BS thread, or what?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Kind of thinking about ditching the Mags for something that can take up less space, but still knock my socks off. .
Well you did say Infinity subs were some of the best so maybe you can go that route

Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Sealed. Front firing probably. Still deciding how and what I want to do but i think he is going to buy my 10W6 so something for that. Plus he wants it end to end with an amp rack... So idk still designing. Just let me know, i guess, what your thoughts are. I have also debated breaking out the 'glass... I need IDEAS!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Sealed. Front firing probably. Still deciding how and what I want to do but i think he is going to buy my 10W6 so something for that. Plus he wants it end to end with an amp rack... So idk still designing. Just let me know, i guess, what your thoughts are. I have also debated breaking out the 'glass... I need IDEAS!!!
since i suck at it, feel free to make me a box too

Old 11-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Blowhole Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
Had to do it....

I guess you could do 2 SI BM 12 in a sealed box, but after the Mags, are you really going to be happy with anything else??

I second beating the painter... I can't think of anything you would prime or paint it with thats water based enough to swell it up, did he dip the whole box in a 55 Gal drum of paint...

Yeah I was totaly going to put two big holoes in my roof and just stick em there. and the with the magnest stickin out and all i could mount a wing to that shiit mang. Bumpi9n yo.

Happy wiht anything else?? thats what im wondering...not much out there that is going to compare to a Mag...going with anything else is pretty muychg going to be a downgrade.

I thought about beating him wiht the lug wrench but then i was like, naaaa, hes a good freind,

Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Does this qualify for the Audio BS thread, or what?

Who are you...

PS...that email froms Superchips about the Vista compatibility tingy....still havent gotten that...so dont think i forgot to PM you the download thing

Quick Reply: Well Chit...now what.