crossovers and amplifiers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crossovers and amplifiers...

hey guys... first off id like to thank you all for all the helpful information that u all supply the forum with to make upgrading so much easier.
first off, i recently purchased a complete a/v system for my 2007 f150 fx4..
i installed my pioneer avic-d3 navigation without hassle thanks to the info supplied here and other webpages... with it i installed the ipod interface sirus satelite radio reverse backup camera.. its a great start but was seriously lacking in the sound department...
so i went back and purchased som jl audio 5x7 zr570-csi components for the fronts 6.5 jl audio tr570-cxi components for the rears .. a jl audio stealthbox for under the rear seats a jl audio 2 channel and a jl audio 4 channel amplifier for the speakers and the sub.
the sub rear speakers and 2 channel amp were installed with no hassel. i still havent installed the fronts because they have me a bit confused.

the zr's came with crossovers and tweeters to mount with the components.
i have the 4 channel amp to run both the fronts and the rears.
the question i have is do i have to run both the crossovers and the 4 channel amp. or can i just ommit the crossovers all together.

thanks in advance

Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wobneedsason
hey guys... first off id like to thank you all for all the helpful information that u all supply the forum with to make upgrading so much easier.
first off, i recently purchased a complete a/v system for my 2007 f150 fx4..
i installed my pioneer avic-d3 navigation without hassle thanks to the info supplied here and other webpages... with it i installed the ipod interface sirus satelite radio reverse backup camera.. its a great start but was seriously lacking in the sound department...
so i went back and purchased som jl audio 5x7 zr570-csi components for the fronts 6.5 jl audio tr570-cxi components for the rears .. a jl audio stealthbox for under the rear seats a jl audio 2 channel and a jl audio 4 channel amplifier for the speakers and the sub.
the sub rear speakers and 2 channel amp were installed with no hassel. i still havent installed the fronts because they have me a bit confused.

the zr's came with crossovers and tweeters to mount with the components.
i have the 4 channel amp to run both the fronts and the rears.
the question i have is do i have to run both the crossovers and the 4 channel amp. or can i just ommit the crossovers all together.

thanks in advance
The outputs from the front L & R amp channels (2) get hooked up to the input of each crossover (respectively), and the tweet output (+&-) leads are connected to the tweeter while the x-over mid-range output (+&-) are connected to the mid-driver. In the back just connect the rear L&R ouputs from the amp to the +&-leads of the rear drivers. A long answer to say that you need to use both x-overs and all 4 channels of the amp.

Quick Reply: crossovers and amplifiers...