Questions: premium 6-CD W/MP3 system to Audiophile and factory sub swap....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions: premium 6-CD W/MP3 system to Audiophile and factory sub swap....

I am thinking about swapping my stock premium 6-CD W/MP3 system for an audiophile system, and factory sub, as well. What, besides the head unit, and sub, do I need to get? Will it all work with my sirius radio tuner and my line in input jack in the dash tray? Do I need to replace all my speakers? Is the stock speaker wiring the same as the audiophile? Is there a factory sub amp I need to get?

I am not worried about a head unit navigation system since I am installing the Brandmotion Magellan roadmate unit, and will be installing a Brandmotion Ipod adapter, as well.

Any advice, information, or pointers would be appreciated.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:26 PM
yeah, i did exactly what you're wanting to do. it will all hook up. the only thing that will not be audiophile is the door speakers, someone said they are different in the front at least. i'm not sure if you've got a lariat or fx4 or xlt, but.. i was told that all lariats have the harness from the HU to the sub installed, i'm not sure about anyone other trims. look under your rear seat, on the drivers side, inside the mounting rail. there should be a cut in the carpet. you might have the factory harness in there for the sub, if so, it will all be plug and play, as mine was. sirius works like a charm, as the esn number that it uses is on the sirius unit itself, not the HU. shouldn't be any problem.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Blue_Farmer
yeah, i did exactly what you're wanting to do. it will all hook up. the only thing that will not be audiophile is the door speakers, someone said they are different in the front at least. i'm not sure if you've got a lariat or fx4 or xlt, but.. I was told that all lariats have the harness from the HU to the sub installed, i'm not sure about anyone other trims. look under your rear seat, on the drivers side, inside the mounting rail. there should be a cut in the carpet. you might have the factory harness in there for the sub, if so, it will all be plug and play, as mine was. sirius works like a charm, as the esn number that it uses is on the sirius unit itself, not the HU. shouldn't be any problem.
Thanks for the information. I do have a Lariat, so I hope it comes pre-wired

Quick Reply: Questions: premium 6-CD W/MP3 system to Audiophile and factory sub swap....