bazooka install question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bazooka install question

I have never tinkered with wiring on my own really. I was wanting a quick, inexpensive way to beef up my sound, and I remembered the bazooka tubes when I saw that my friend had put one in the back of his car and told me that the amp was already installed into the tube. I was thinking of getting a 10 like he has. I've got an '03 extended cab (4doors) with the stock 6-cd changer. Is it possible to wire a tube straight up to the stock unit or do I need to get an aftermarket one? My buddy knows wiring and can help me to get it done if it is possible.
thanks

Old 08-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If the Bazooka tube has Speaker level/high level inputs, then yes you can wire one up to the stock unit.

Just tap into the speaker wires and run wire from there to the speaker/high level inputs.

If it only has low level inputs (RCA type connection) you will need to get a Line Out Convertor.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where would you be putting this? I got the BTA10200 (10" 200W RMS) for my wife's Accord, but then again she has a trunk.

It will work and sound good - but it will probably have to sit out in the open and get in the way.

Quick Reply: bazooka install question