does this matter for sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does this matter for sound

i got my box built and carpeted for my 12s in my 04 screw. I put the speakers in and hooked it all back up in my car just to see how it sounded (amp and all is still in my 3000gt). i folded the seats down and just layed it in the back. it didnt beat as hard as when it was in my other box. is this because it was just all open space? when i put it under my back seat is it gunna help it beat harder than just being out in the open? my box is built just like volcom did his. this box and the old box for my 3000gt should have pretty close to the same air space, just built for a 3000gt. im just hoping that when it is under the back seat and only has about 2" of space from the speaker to floor that it will beat harder like it used to. Will it help?

Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It should a tiddy bit.

There are too many variables as to why it might not be hitting as hard as the other box in your car.
Not to mention, if you take the same sub and box and switch them between two different vehicles, you will usually notice quite a difference.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:02 PM
well it is pretty close. i can just tell that its not as hard. i just went and did it again and it is pretty close. my other box has such a tite fit by the hatch so i was thinkin that it mattered. ive had them in my house before and they didnt beat near like in a car. Am i answering my own question??? i hope having them under my rear seat helps out.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:32 AM
My sub seemed to hit much harder under the seat than facing up.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by BakerF150
well it is pretty close. i can just tell that its not as hard. i just went and did it again and it is pretty close. my other box has such a tite fit by the hatch so i was thinkin that it mattered. ive had them in my house before and they didnt beat near like in a car. Am i answering my own question??? i hope having them under my rear seat helps out.
A hatchback has a better shape for "funneling" sound cause it will reinforce the sound waves the subs puts out making it sound better that you truck. Least that's been my experience over the years with hatchback cars.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 PM
yeah it beats like hurtin your throat and ears in the hatchback but in this new box layed off in the back of the hatchback it doesnt beat as hard... Close but not as hard. we will see what happens.

Quick Reply: does this matter for sound