Upgrade Starting to get here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upgrade Starting to get here...

Some of the stuff, more on the way......

Ice is Nice....

Old 08-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be a little cheasy....Ice Ice Baby!!

That is one good looking amp. And does that thing have lots of controls to fiddle with or what??

Old 08-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahh nice amp, i used to have one of those in my tc, before the elemental designs stuff, i had my car all eclipse.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
DAYUM those are some sexy Avon products. I bet whoever you got those from is the man

Looking good though. Keep us updated on the progress. What else are you waiting on?

Old 08-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
DAYUM those are some sexy Avon products. I bet whoever you got those from is the man

Looking good though. Keep us updated on the progress.
What else are you waiting on?
Lets see...
Distro blocks
Terminal ends
Speaker wire
2 "y" splitters RCA
pair of IDQ6 4 ohm Midbass

I'm looking for 1/0 and 4 Ga wire cover, something braided would be nice, but if I can't find something soon.... I'll just order that Black split loom I used last time...

Can anyone point me to some braided cover other than the Chrome stuff on ebay, I don't like it...

Old 08-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Check out Partsexpress.com. They have a few different options of braided covering that I was going to use...I got cheap though (WAS going to use)
For the interior I like that braided stuff a lot better than the split loom. Still kinda like split loom under the hood better though, just seems more durable to me.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Check out Partsexpress.com. They have a few different options of braided covering that I was going to use...I got cheap though (WAS going to use)
For the interior I like that braided stuff a lot better than the split loom. Still kinda like split loom under the hood better though, just seems more durable to me.
Cool,
I've got a PE book laying on my desk in front of me now.... I'll have a look see.....

What do think of IDQ6's, I'm pulling the SL's out of the rear doors and installing the IDQ6 band passed @ 150w CH from 80 to 500 or a little less on the 500 side for a little more midbass and also to move the sound stage more to the front as it should be....

I have alway heard good things about them, but never had a set...

Trending Topics

Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Get those things time aligned properly if you want a dang good soundstage. Its very important to have those frequencies, even a little higher, timed right or else it wont sound 'right'.

You should be happy with the ID 6's...after all, its ID

Old 08-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, time alignment is a concern and the Eclipse AVN don't have it... I may end up just going active with a processor that does time alignment..

I am going to keep all the speaker wires the same length and that should help.... you no any other tricks that may help.....

Old 08-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Ahhh no TA sucks. Lol I couldnt live w/o it.

I guess with nothing else timed it will center your soundstage in the middle of the truck, but still be a little off since your tweeters will be close, your mids further away, and the IDs far away too. The drivers will be timed for the center of the truck, but not time to each other to say it in anther way.
As far as having it timed for you in the drivers seat your just ***** outta luck .
Speaker wire length really wont make a noticeable difference unless there is a huge difference between the wire lengths.

Aside from actually physically moving the drivers to a place that they are the same distance from the listener, there really isnt much you can do...

If you have separate gains for left and right you can at least set the level of the speakers different so they all have the same volume from where you are sitting.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Ahhh no TA sucks. Lol I couldnt live w/o it.

I guess with nothing else timed it will center your soundstage in the middle of the truck, but still be a little off since your tweeters will be close, your mids further away, and the IDs far away too. The drivers will be timed for the center of the truck, but not time to each other to say it in anther way.
As far as having it timed for you in the drivers seat your just ***** outta luck .
Speaker wire length really wont make a noticeable difference unless there is a huge difference between the wire lengths.

Aside from actually physically moving the drivers to a place that they are the same distance from the listener, there really isnt much you can do...

If you have separate gains for left and right you can at least set the level of the speakers different so they all have the same volume from where you are sitting.
You no I have never used it before, But Eclipse AVN does have a seat position optimizer that can be set to driver, pass, both and rear... I just thought about that...

Old 08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Bingo...use that. Most likely better than nothing. I forgot about that also, my 8053 has that when its not used in Pro mode.

I dont know how good it is, Ive never used my HU in anything but Pro mode, but it still has to be better than nothing.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I sure will have to check it out, as to level...
XA4000 Biamped, both Germ Tweeters will be on front ch with a gain control, both Germ Midbass will be on rear ch with gain control..

XA5000 Bridged, IDQ6 will have a gain control on each, Sub Ch will needless to say have gain control...

so I have some adjustment there too.... I'm trying to stay away from a processor if I can.....

Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
Yeah, I sure will have to check it out, as to level...
XA4000 Biamped, both Germ Tweeters will be on front ch with a gain control, both Germ Midbass will be on rear ch with gain control..

XA5000 Bridged, IDQ6 will have a gain control on each, Sub Ch will needless to say have gain control...

so I have some adjustment there too.... I'm trying to stay away from a processor if I can.....

Yep, with the seat position selector and some level adjustment you should be able to get something decent going on.

Thats too bad the XA4000 on the Germs doesnt have a gain control for each channel though. Your left tweet will most likely end up being louder than the right tweet, but the right mid louder than the left mid. There is pretty much no way to fix that with only a single gain **** per front/rear channels.
At least with a separate gain on the tweets you can turn them down a little if they are a little bright/harsh for you. I have level adjustment on my HU and have the tweeters -3 or 4db on the HU, that the nice thing about being active/biamping. Really helps with the flinching you have on a loud high note, specially with these Cal25s

Separate left/right level on the IDs in the back will be nice.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:10 PM
I think I can get if leveled out, don't forget on the Germ Xover I have 4 tweeter setting, so I still should be able to cut the driver side down some in the Xover.... I think the RTA in going to come in handy for sure on this install...

BTW I found the braided cover on PE.com, thats what I was looking for ...

You are the MAN....

Quick Reply: Upgrade Starting to get here...