can i keep factory stereo

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can i keep factory stereo

I have a six disc cd changer and i like it alot. Is there anyway to keep it in there and still hook up my amp and 12s without getting a different deck? if possible, would it sound good? I want to get the most out of my system and if the factory stereo wouldnt allow it then i will get rid of it.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:05 PM
you can get a line output converter, that will add rcas to your factory radio. the sound is pretty descent if you buy a good one (by metra or pac.) the sound quality wont be as good as an aftermarket radio though. but if all your trying to do is add bass, it should be fine for what you need. if ud like to improve overall sound, id change the radio.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:55 PM
thanks for your response bro. yeah i want to improve it all. i already spent like 280 dollars on door speakers and in the process of doing the seat lift in the back. but yeah i guess i should prolly go with the new stereo. thanks bro

Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by BakerF150
thanks for your response bro. yeah i want to improve it all. i already spent like 280 dollars on door speakers and in the process of doing the seat lift in the back. but yeah i guess i should prolly go with the new stereo. thanks bro
your system will be only as good as the weakest link. if you already upgraded your speakers, your not going to get much because of how weak the stock headunit processor is, and how the low power output is.

most people are happy with upgraded headunit/speakers, and then an amp pushing a sub. but if your looking to get some more volume and better clarity out of your mids and highs, should amp those too.

a pretty low budget set up would be just to throw a 2 channel on the front speakers, and let the rears run off the power of the headunit.

Quick Reply: can i keep factory stereo