Wiring Question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring Question.

Okay my subwoofer has 4 of those prong things where you insert the wire into on each sub. How exactly am i supposed to wire all 4 of those into a single "positive" and "negative" terminal cap. Am i supposed to do something like this http://www.cardomain.com/shop/woofer...m_dvc&x=91&y=9 and use caps to connect the 2 sets of wires together or what. Sorry i just really want to get this done!

And if that picture is correct how am i supposed to do this!

Last edited by Dallasstars10; 07-28-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Dallasstars10

Okay my subwoofer has 4 of those prong things where you insert the wire into on each sub. How exactly am i supposed to wire all 4 of those into a single "positive" and "negative" terminal cap. Am i supposed to do something like this http://www.cardomain.com/shop/woofer...m_dvc&x=91&y=9 and use caps to connect the 2 sets of wires together or what. Sorry i just really want to get this done!

And if that picture is correct how am i supposed to do this!
You need to present the proper load to your amp. It depends on if you have a dual 4 ohm subwoofer or dual 2 ohm subwoofer and if your amp is stable at 1, 2, or 4 ohms. But yes, you are on the right track with that drawing.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:54 PM
My amp is a Hifonics bxi606 and my subwoofers are dual 4 ohm image dynamics subwoofers. Everyone said wire them to 2 ohms.

So how do i do this!

Old 07-28-2007, 06:17 PM
My amp is a Hifonics bxi606 and my subwoofers are dual 4 ohm image dynamics subwoofers. Everyone said wire them to 2 ohms.

So how do i do this!

To get the most from your amp, you will want to wire the subs to present a 1 ohm load to the amp. It is really pretty easy. Wire all the positive terminals together and all the negative terminals together. This parallel wiring will drop the final load to 1 ohm and the amp will put out 600 watts or 300 per sub.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

wire it exactly like "option 1" from that drawing on cardomain. that will give your subs their perfect power amount from that hifonics amp. if you have no idea on any of this stuff, it'd be in your best interest to get help from a) a friend who knows how to do it or b) take it to a car audio shop and get it done there. you dont want to accidentally create the wrong impedence load and harm your equipment.

and please post pictures of your system when your done

Old 07-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Okay!

Okay, I really would like to try this on my own before i mess any of it up. So how exactly am i supposed to wire these like this

I want to know/see how you exactly wire 2 positive, and 2 negative ones together. Thx!!

If it gets to hard i will go to car audio shop. But thats last resort! i want to learn how to do ths!

Old 07-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words...not sure about a shatty picture though

Look at the black wire...from one negative to the other, then a wire from that negative to the amp...same with the positive wire then. So, you will have two wires shoved into one of the positives and one of the negatives.
The wires at the bottom that go down outta the picture will go to your terminal cup on the amp.

Trending Topics

Old 07-29-2007, 11:26 PM
That is exactly what i was looking for. Do i use speaker wire or what kind of wire/guage should i use!!

Old 07-29-2007, 11:52 PM
That is exactly what i was looking for. Do i use speaker wire or what kind of wire/guage should i use!!

Yep, use regular old speaker wire. Im not even sure what that wire in my pic is from, just something I had laying around that worked for the pictures sake.

Anything from 16-12 gauge will work. 12 gauge is better, but sometimes bigger wire like that is impossible to fit into your subs terminals...especially when you have to twist two pieces together.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Well i am glad you had that picture around. All i needed was a basic picture that explained how i should do this so i woudln't ******* anything up. and you happened to have it

Thx!

Old 07-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Well i am glad you had that picture around. All i needed was a basic picture that explained how i should do this so i woudln't ******* anything up. and you happened to have it

Thx!
Did you ever call my guy in Bedford?

If so, how did it go?

Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Didn't call him yet. gonna try to get this working and if not i will talk to him ASAP.

Can i use 16 guage on my subwoofers and then connect that to my terminal caps. And then use 12 guage to go from the terminal caps to the amplifier?? Or would that create problems?

Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Didn't call him yet. gonna try to get this working and if not i will talk to him ASAP.

Can i use 16 guage on my subwoofers and then connect that to my terminal caps. And then use 12 guage to go from the terminal caps to the amplifier?? Or would that create problems?
Installers seem to charge more when you are in a bind. Take your time.

Man I don't know jack about the wiring, but there is some good techies on the site, hope they will chime in for you.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:03 AM

That'd work great.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks Mucho!! Now i can finally get this biznatch rolling soon!!

Quick Reply: Wiring Question.