subs under seat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subs under seat?

what types of subs and how many can be fit under just a regular xlt extended cab rear seat? I was looking at solobarics or jl's

Old 05-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Seems most people here have crew cabs and info an extended cabs is scarce. I have an XLT extended cab and have not had much luck on finding info on them. The problem you are going to run in to is the mounting depth for most 10's and almost all 12's will be to deep, your largest mounting depth you will be able to do will be about 5.75. I have an LMI 4" seat lift which I would highly recommend, as long as you don't have adults seating in the back. I am still in the process of putting my system in (2 kids and job are eating up my time) but I have a Fosgate Power Stage 1 waiting to go in. I think the smallest depth on the solo's is over 6" so it would require a seat lift. The old JL 12w6's would fit, if you can find any in decent shape. Also some of the "lower end" JL's would work without a seat lift. I say lower end only meaning the cheaper ones then the W7’s.

In short no seat lift then no sub over 5.75 mounting depth. Now there are some shallow mount subs out now that people say sound great, but I have not heard them. I saw a thread earlier today where a guy put 4 12's behind a crew cab rear seat, which looked really nice. With a shallow mount, less then 4", I think you could squeeze 3 12's without a seat lift but the middle sub may have to fire up and you would need to make your box so that it doesn't fire the sub in to the bottom of the seat.

Also one other thing that I had problems finding was if anyone was able to get amps behind the back seat. Seems like it is possible on the crew cabs but I could not find anyone who mentioned it on an xcab. Mine are under the front seats with cap and distribution block under the middle part. My plan on the box will be to go under the passenger side of the rear seat and leave the drivers’ side in the rear for my tool bag, battery cables, and trailer hitch receiver.

Good Luck.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:35 PM
http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Sub...ord_trucks.htm

Check this out. There are a couple of manufacturers that make this style of box. It sticks out a bit but is pretty well hidden for the amount of room allowed.

Good luck

Old 06-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by edwardsjr1
what types of subs and how many can be fit under just a regular xlt extended cab rear seat? I was looking at solobarics or jl's
Go to CrutchField.com, type your model truck in and they will bring up all sub's that will custom fit your Truck. I have an 02 SCREW and i got a 6" Bazooka Tube under my back seat, but they have all sorts of boxes that'll fit!

Quick Reply: subs under seat?